These Banana Oat Pancakes are healthy and absolutely delicious with only 5 ingredients! They are naturally gluten free and are the perfect way to get your pancake fix!
The whole family is together now. On Thursday my cat arrived by plane from Ontario and it is really starting to set in that we live here. Molly (the cat) has made herself at home, Ellie (the puppy) isn’t bothering her too much, and Paul and I are happy with our funny animal family.
My friend Amber brought Molly for us. While we were travelling around the U.S. for 4 weeks we didn’t want to have to bring a cat along with us and so she had to be packed into a travel carrier and fly. Amber said she did pretty well and when I picked them both up at the airport there weren’t any surprises left for me in the carrier. I definitely consider that a success!
Having my best friend here for the weekend was wonderful. It was nice showing her some of my favourite places in Chilliwack and we even discovered a few new ones together! I’ve been here for 1 month now and a little over 3 weeks in this house. Having a house, as you very well may know, is so much different than renting. One of our door knobs broke and so…what? I have to fix it myself?! That sucks! Or maybe it’s exciting?? Both, I suppose.
Another way we’re settling in is that Paul has officially gone back to work full time. I’m figuring out a routine without him during the day and then we spend the majority of our time together on the weekends. One of our favourite ways to spend weekend mornings is with a “fancier than normal” breakfast. For us, pancakes fit the bill just right. And these pancakes are so easy that you can make them mid-week as well!
These pancakes have only 5 ingredients, are gluten free, low calorie, high protein, and taste like heaven!! The oats add a tiny bit of texture and chewiness that is wonderful. I hope you like these as much as I did!
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch of kosher salt
- Pure maple syrup, for serving
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F if you're going to serve pancakes when they're ALL cooked.
- In a food processor or blender, add the rolled oats and pulse until they become a powder. Add in the bananas, eggs, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt and pulse until combined. Pour batter into a bowl and let sit for at least 5 minutes.
- To cook the pancakes, heat griddle or a large non-stick pan over medium-low heat. Add a tablespoon of butter (or oil) to the pan. You can test to see if the pan is hot enough by adding a few drops of water, when the drops sizzle the pan is ready!
- Pour just under 1/4 cup of pancake batter into pan. Cook on the first side until bubbles form on top and start to pop. Flip the pancake over with a spatula and cook until golden brown. Repeat until all the batter is gone, adding more butter to the pan if necessary.*
- Serve the pancakes hot with maple syrup.
*If you aren't going to serve the pancakes until you've cooked them all, preheat oven to 200 F and place pancakes on parchment paper on a baking sheet until you're ready.
Recipe adapted from Simply Delicious
Looking for more delicious pancake recipes?
(1) Best Buttermilk Pancakes
(2) Oatmeal Cookie Pancakes
(3) Whole Wheat Buttermilk Pancakes
(4) Blueberry Lemon Pancakes
(5) Carrot Cake Pancakes
(6) Whole Wheat Brown Sugar Banana Bread Pancakes
(7) Blueberry Lemon Dutch Baby Pancakes
(8) German Pancakes with Apples
(9) Honey Cornbread Pancakes