It’s only Wednesday and all that I can think about is the weekend. I just want to wear a cute dress and drink sangria at noon. Is that so much to ask?
At least we can make fun recipes when we get home, right? Recipes filled with a ton of colour and fresh summer produce.
BANG! Here you go. I made this sweet salsa in 30 minutes.
The ingredient list is simple: fresh summer corn, avocado, tomatoes, cilantro, chives, jalapeño, and some lime juice. We just went ahead and ate it for dinner last night because I love corn chips dipped in stuff more than most things in life and well, why not?!
This recipe is adapted from a recipe I saw on the BBQ Recipes page on Ricardo Cuisine. They recommend grilling the corn, but since I don’t have a grill I roasted my corn in the oven. Another solid option would be to use fresh corn straight from the cob if you aren’t into turning your oven on. I am genuinely into all of the options!! Just get that corn into my body.
I mean, hellooooooooo summer goodness!
- 2 ears corn, shucked
- 1 whole avocado, diced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/4 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1/2 jalapeño pepper, finely chopped
- Sea salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- 1-2 tbsp salsa (optional)
- Roast corn under your broiler and wait until a few of the kernels turn good and dark. Rotate the corn (every 5 minutes) to get this darkness on all sides. Allow to cool a bit, then cut the kernels off the cobs. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine avocado and lime juice. Add corn kernels and remaining ingredients. Season with salt and pepper, taste and adjust to your liking.
- Serve with corn chips or toasted baguette slices.
Recipe adapted from Ricardo Cuisine
Disclosure: I was contacted by Ricardo Cuisine to make a recipe from their website, however the views and opinions expressed here on Warm Vanilla Sugar are purely my own. I was not monetarily compensated for a positive review.