After a week without internet, guess who’s back onliiiiiine?? ME! I’ve totally just been using the wireless at work in the interim, but STILL! Internet at home is exciting.
I can blog in bed again!
So, you know how we just moved? Well, this past week I put everything away. EVERYTHING! It’s so exciting, and now my new place officially looks like a home.
We don’t have curtains up yet, which is interesting, but hey! Maybe my neighbours want to see me do Jillian Michaels DVDs in my sports bra? If not, I am sorry! That’s Paul’s job and he’s been away for a week.
So why not a smoothie? I certainly can’t think of a reason.
This smoothie has all the carrot cake flavours you know and love, like carrot (obvi), cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger annnnnnd I packed in some extra protein with Greek yogurt and protein powder.
So whether you’re on the go, need a post workout snack, or are just plain hungry, this is for you!
- 2 frozen ripe bananas
- 1 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1 1/3 cup milk
- 2/3 cup 0% vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup (optional)
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- Sprinkle of ground ginger
- Toasted chopped pecans, for topping
- Place all ingredients except the chopped pecans into a high-speed blender and blend until smooth. Depending on your blender, this can take anywhere from 2-6 minutes.
- Garnish each smoothie with crushed pecans and enjoy.
Recipe adapted from Gimme Some Oven
This recipe serves 2 (I had one for breakfast and one for a post-workout snack), but it can easily be halved for your smoothie drinking needs.