After making recipes like fruity breakfast tarts and pasta bakes I often find myself with leftover cream cheese. Luckily, I live in Montreal, where Montreal bagels are everywhere screaming for cream cheese to be slathered on them (plus, Paul is bananas for everything bagels) but when bagels aren’t around, something else needs to be made.
Also, my sister-in-law was recently talking to me about making cheesecake, and with cheesecake on the brain, and a weekend to myself, I decided that this smoothie would be appropriate for a single lady breakfast.
And it was glorious.
So simple and soooooo tasty. Plus, this smoothie has two layers.
Layer #1: Classic plain cheesecake.
Layer #2: Strawberry cheesecake.
And the graham cracker crumbs on top just make the whole thing swoon-worthy.
- 1 oz. (2 tbsp) plain cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 -1 cup milk (soy, almond, or regular milk)
- 1/3 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 tbsp crushed graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup frozen strawberries
- 2 tsp granulated sugar
- Crushed graham crackers, for garnish
- Add softened cream cheese, milk, Greek yogurt, frozen banana and 1 tablespoon of crushed graham cracker crumbs into a blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Pour all but about 1/2 cup of the cream cheese mixture into a glass or mason jar and set aside.
- Add frozen strawberries and sugar to the remaining cream cheese mixture in your blender and blend until smooth. Add more milk if necessary. Pour strawberry mixture on top of your cream cheese mixture.
- Top with more crushed graham cracker crumbs and enjoy immediately.