Today was my last class of college. Ever. Kiiiiiiiind of excited.

peanut butter and honey easter eggs // warm vanilla sugar

I started this blog in 2010 during the last year of my undergrad degree. I had just moved to Ottawa and was trying to figure out what to do next. A Masters? A job? College? Everything seemed confusing, and I really didn’t know where I belonged, or what I should be doing.

peanut butter and honey easter eggs // warm vanilla sugar

After thinking long and hard about what I enjoyed doing and where I saw myself in the next couple of years I decided to go to college and take a biotechnology program. This gave me the skills to be able to do the science lab work that I love, but most importantly, allowed me to be hirable (or so I hope) in most major cities which is **key** when you’re dating a dude who works with the parasitoids of stink bugs for his PhD project (I’m not kidding).

peanut butter and honey easter eggs // warm vanilla sugar

Knowing EXACTLY what you’re going to do when you graduate is rare, and frankly, right now I’m not that worried about it. I have a job for the summer, I’m getting married in a couple of months and will be finished college next week….so life should probably figure itself out pretty soon. And if not? It’s a good thing I have hobbies!

peanut butter and honey easter eggs // warm vanilla sugar

Like these Easter eggs that seemed like way more fun to make than studying. And boooooy were they ever. And so tasty. You can totally taste the peanut butter and honey combo, and the chocolate coating makes these babies shine. Plus, homemade Easter eggs are kind of the best.

peanut butter and honey easter eggs // warm vanilla sugar

What are you guys doing for Easter this year?! I’m so excited!!

peanut butter and honey easter eggs // warm vanilla sugar

Peanut Butter and Honey Easter Eggs

Yield: About 16-20 eggs

• 1 cup peanut butter
  • 1/2 cup liquid honey
  • 1 1/2 cups icing sugar
  • 1/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
  • 1 cup milk chocolate chips
  • 1 tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature

1. Beat the peanut butter, honey, icing sugar and butter together until well combined. Form the mixture into tablespoon sized balls, squish them a little and form into egg shapes. If they look too thin, or start melting, simply stick them in the freezer for about 20 minutes. Once the balls look the way you want them, put them in the freezer and freeze until firm, at least 30 minutes.
  2. Melt the chocolate and butter together in a bowl in the microwave and stir every 30 seconds, until thoroughly melted.
  3. Dip the frozen eggs in the chocolate and flip over so that theyโ€™re well-coated. Place on a piece of wax paper and let them set about 30 minutes in the fridge. Decorate with Easter sprinkles, if desired.
  4. Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.

Recipe adapted from Texanerin

Other Easter treats:
Cadbury Creme Egg Cupcakes
Cadbury Mini Egg Blondies
Carrot Cake Pancakes with Honey Butter
Carrot Cake Bread with Cream Cheese Frosting

23 Responses to Peanut Butter and Honey Easter Eggs

1. Adri says:

What pretty Easter candy! I bet they taste wonderful. That little bit of honey just puts them over the top, I imagine.

2. OMG this looks sooo good. My favorite candy is Reeses Buttercup. I love that I can make chocolate covered peanut butter at home and know exactly what’s going into it. Plus the ingredients are so simple. These are things I have on hand all the time. Yummmm!

3. Congrats, girl! That’s such a huge accomplishment. And you have so much to look forward to! I’ll celebrate for you over here by making and eating allllll of these eggs. ๐Ÿ˜‰

I’m SO SO SO excited for you and to see what the future holds!! I’m sure you’ll find something you love no matter where you are. and as long as there’s PB and a running path, you’ll be fine. ๐Ÿ˜›

Congratulations my friend! So excited for you! Thank you for sharing such a delicious sweet treat, my friend. I hope you are enjoying April…and that your days are looking more and more like spring.

6. When I saw the photo of this in my newsfeed, I just though “are you for real?!” these look amazing!
    It’s easy to feel a little lost sometimes, but you know what? It sounds like you are well on your way to something good, and have a great future ahead ๐Ÿ˜€

Now, all I’m thinking that I gotta get myself some more peanut butter so I can make these! (I totally attacked the last I had with a spoon yesterday!)

We just had an Easter Egg hunt in the office this morning, but apart from that, I will just try and socialise and have a good time with friends over the coming weekend ๐Ÿ™‚ Have a good one m’dear! x

Aww thanks for your message, friend! I juuuuuuust finished eating peanut butter straight from the jar too…..glad we get each other! lol

7. Yay for being done with class! And I am one of the many who even after getting my PhD I am not 100% sure what I want to do with it. Sure I have ideas but the problem is so many options sound good that it’s hard to know which I will like best. These Easter pb eggs would definitely help soothe any worries. Especially made with honey!

8. Yay for biotech! If you need anyone to talk to about working in ag, let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

I agree–it’s rare to know exactly what you want to do when you’re in school. I only wish we went to school later. I feel like I wasted a lot of time and money in school. anyway, don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions about working in the biotech field. ๐Ÿ™‚

So random! I currently work for Agriculture Canada, but am moving on in two weeks to start something new. I may just take you up on your offer. Help is always a good thing ๐Ÿ™‚

9. Stoooop it! I’m in utter love with these! Holy YES!

10. Congrats on finishing school! These Easter eggs are a perfect way to celebrate both the holiday and your achievement. ๐Ÿ™‚

11. I still don’t know what I want to do when I grow up ๐Ÿ™‚ It’s easier to take life one day at a time. I love that your fiance is studying stink bugs. Those are some creepy little buggers. This eggs look amazing. I love that you used honey to sweeten them. Nom! Congrats on almost graduating.

Oh wow, these look incredible – love the peanut butter and honey combo! And yay on your last class of college!! You have so much good stuff to look forward to these coming months!

13. Mykel says:

Is icing sugar powdered sugar? I will have to try these! My husband and daughter love these!

14. Meredith says:

What an incredible treat! So perfect for Easter!

15. Congrats on being DONE! And these look delish!

16. A big huge congrats on being done!!! Yay you! And these eggs!!! PB and honey are made for each other.

17. Hey! That’s a big deal! Congrats!

18. Day late, buck short. I’m going to have to make these even though Easter is past!

19. Elizabeth @ SugarHero.com says:

These sound soooo good! I do love peanut butter eggs, but adding honey to them sounds even better. Congratulations on all the life changes–sounds like you have a lot coming up this year!

20. Congrats on all of the above! You got a lot of cool things coming your way. Nobody ever knows what’s going to happen after college, and 5 years down the line, it doesn’t even matter all that much what you studied as long as you’re doing what you love (case in point, me, haha)!