It’s April. There’s snow on the ground. I’m not apologizing for being annoyed. I WANT SPRING!!…and for people to stop asking me why I’m wearing rain boots in the snow.

march

April is going to be a pretty exciting month. I’m graduating from college in a couple of weeks, moving to Montreal to begin a new life, and running a half marathon! I’m also going to try to eat as many Spring vegetables as possible. I want asparagus on everything.

My favorite recipe that I made in March was my mushroom fried brown rice. It’s jam packed with flavour and takes only 30 minutes to make. A total win in my book.

Mushroom Fried Brown Rice // Warm Vanilla Sugar

I also made a couple things from other food bloggers. You definitely should try making:
Pecan Sticky Buns by Baked Bree
Spicy Thai Curry Noodle Soup by Heather Cristo
Mexican Lasagna by A Couple Cooks
No Knead Bread by Buttered Side Up

OH! And I found a new blog, which is my favorite thing to do ever! Check out Grilled Cheese Social for an entire blog dedicated to grilled cheese. I’m losing my mind over this “old lady” grilled cheese. It has pimento cheese, gouda, cheddar, cream cheese, mayo, and spicy peppers!! That’s a sandwich full of love, right there.

Other March Stuff?
-The T.V. obsession continues. I watched season 1 of True Detective in three days! I’m also currently watching (and loving) Cosmos. It’s so nice to see a show about science on Prime time. FINALLY!
-I haven’t done too much movie watching, but finally got around to watching Frozen!! So cute! Oh, and I went to see Divergent with my girlfriends the other night. Four is such a hottie.
-I’m still in the “books to read before they come out in theatres book club”. We are about to discuss A Long Way Down by Nick Hornby. I looooooved it!

longwaydown

Before I go, I thought I should tell you that this and this exist on the internet. Awesome.

That’s all folks. Have a great April!! xo

16 Responses to March Things

1. Thanks for another month of inspiration! Wishing you all the best for April :D Those zucchini koftas look amaaaazing, and I really wanted to try making the mushroom stir-fried rice of yours, it looks deeeelicious!
    x

2. Cindy says:

I haven’t read A Long Way Down in forever, but I loved it. And Cosmos is pretty great, too.

3. I cant believe its April already…yayy for graduating and a race, so much to look forward to :)

4. tara says:

That rice sounds perfect! The snow (finally) melted here, but not it’s like we live in a marsh. Looking forward to exploring all your favourites.

5. I with you, spring needs to come NOW! Your mushroom fried rice looks amazing! I am all about mushrooms, so I must try this soon!

6. Meredith says:

Congratulations on graduation!

7. Kareema says:

I love your blog! I want the snow to go away too!! I had some snow yesterday.
    I live in MA.

GAHHH time is flying. Hopefully we’ll get some nice warm running weather soon!!

And I second you on the asparagus!

9. I know I’m the last one ever, but have you read Gone Girl? I finished it a few weeks ago, and I’m STILL thinking about it.

10. Totally checking out that grilled cheese blog! And I’m soooo with you on the asparagus front! Bring-it-on!

11. You do have a lot of things coming your way soon! Congratulations on your graduation, marathon and moving! Those are pretty big things. Can’t wait to follow what you do in April!

It sounds like you have one heck of a month coming up!! So many good things! And I want to put asparagus on everything right now too : )

13. Congrats on your upcoming graduation and move! What an exciting time for you! Thanks for the recipe recommendations, too. I’ve got to check those out!

14. Oh man, you just took away all productivity for the rest of my afternoon with that grilled cheese blog – what is this sorcery?!?!

I just had asparagus along with my dinner tonight. So good! And there are so many great things happening for you this Spring. So exciting!