Oh boy. This Wednesday is not only Halloween, but it’s also the first Halloween where I get to give out candy to kids in my adult life. MY FIRST TIME!

Don’t you wish you could give out hand baked treats to Trick or Treaters without it being creepy or allergenic or a potential poison? That is definitely my ideal world.

I want to see a cute little princess, and be like “Hey little Princess, want a hand made graveyard brownie?”, without her parents giving me a death stare. Not possible.

So I’ll give out Kit Kat bars and share my Halloween baked treats with my adult friends who like me, wished so badly that they had the metabolism of those little kids who will probably eat chocolate until they’re sick Wednesday night. I used to. I think I need to make some 4-year old friends.

Have a happy and fun Halloween!

Fudgy Graveyard Brownies
Recipe lightly adapted from Picky Palate
Makes 6 giant brownies

Ingredients:
1 box of your favorite Brownie Mix
6 Milano Cookies, (for grave)
3 Oreo Cookies, crushed
6 Pumpkin candy corns and 6 normal candy corns

For icing:
1 cup milk chocolate, melted
1 tsp vegetable oil
1/4 cup icing sugar

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease an 8 x 8-inch baking pan. Bake brownies according to box instructions and let cool completely. Cut into 6 rectangles.

Mix the frosting ingredients together and then melt them either over a double burner or in the microwave. Frost brownies with icing reserving 2 Tablespoons for piping the cookies.

Cut one of the rounded bottoms off of the Milano cookie, and pipe RIP onto it with the chocolate icing. Press a Milano cookie into the back of each brownie.

Crush your Oreos and sprinkle a tiny bit in the center of each cookie for the “dirt”. Top with a candy corn pumpkin and candy corn. Serve!

Happy Hallowe’en!

20 Responses to Fudgy Graveyard Brownies

1. Ahu says:

Adorable! Never thought I would find dirt appealing but this looks tasty :)

2. Ashley Bee says:

Apparently the poisoned sweets has always been an urban legend–it’s sadly family members of the children who poison things. Anyways, these are too cute! :)

3. Vijitha says:

Hello Katrina, I am so glad that I found your blog. That’s one cute Halloween treat. So apt for the BOO day. I briefly browsed through your posts and I am sure that I will be back often to check your recipes. Let’s stay connected.

4. Erin says:

It is my first time to give out candy in adult life too! I’m super excited!
    Love these brownies…so cute. :)

5. These look fantastic! We celebrated our first proper Halloween last year when we were in the US. It was so much fun seeing all of the kids dressed up in their cute costumes. We also had a lot of fun handing out candy – it was just like the movies :-)

6. These are super cute treats for Halloween! Have fun giving out candy for the first time!

7. Haha, yes I wish I had the metabolism of a 4 year old I’d enjoy Halloween a little bit more!

8. Jenny @ BAKE says:

these are soooooo sweet! we don’t get trick or treaters so I will be the one groaning in sugar induced sickness on thursday!

I also find it kind of sad that we can’t give out homemade treats on Halloween…how AWESOME would that be! These are adorable. I kind of can’t wait till I have kids so that I can make the treats like these.

10. I’ve always thought the exact same thing about handing out baked goods! Bad people who want to poison children have to ruin things for everyone, huh? These brownies are so fun!

11. I soooo wish it wasn’t weird to give out homemade treats, too – so much yummier than store-bought stuff. Your graveyard brownies are adorable!

12. poorna says:

right now all I can say is … awww. … that’s so amazingly cute!

13. Tracey says:

These are seriously so much fun for Halloween, love them! I’ve often thought how awesome it would be to give away homemade candy to the kids, but you’re right, it would never fly with the parents. Total bummer!

14. Julie Yates says:

Hi – it’s Julie from Oranges and Almonds Fb page and yatesyummies blog. I just wandered to your page and found my way to your great blog – these are so cute! – I’ve got to pin them for next year!

15. […] have a cooking club without some sort of dessert {I think its in the official rule book;) }. These Graveyard brownies were amazing. The headstones were Milano cookies, love […]