This past weekend the boy and I crossed the border to visit with the Grandparents. While in the States I saw some awesome State Trooper hats, a robbed bank, and the biggest supermarket that I’ve ever seen, but most importantly, I bought and tried Biscoff spread!

Along with all the awesomeness, the Grandparents made sure that Paul and I were well fed and had cookies and sweets at every meal (very important). I had the best time, but am now feeling like I need a day off “bad stuff”. So, this morning I blended together this beauty. A peanut butter and banana smoothie that tastes delicious, but is super healthy to boot!

To make this, place all ingredients into a blender with the heavy stuff on the bottom.

Blend on high until very smooth.

Enjoy! You’ll love it.

Green Peanut Butter and Banana Smoothie

Prep Time: 5 minutes

Total Time: 5 minutes

Yield: 1 smoothie, about 2 cups

• 1 ripe frozen banana
  • 1 cup almond milk
  • 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
  • 2 tbsp smooth peanut butter
  • 2 tbsp quick oats
  • 2 big handfuls baby spinach
  • 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon

1. Place all ingredients into a blender and blend on high until smooth and creamy, about 5 minutes.
  2. Pour contents into a glass and enjoy immediately.

21 Responses to Green Peanut Butter and Banana Smoothie

1. I just tried Biscoff spread for the first time myself recently. It’s really good stuff! I had to give the jar away so I didn’t eat the entire thing with a spoon. Love the smoothie.

2. I love green smoothies! I don’t normally add peanut butter, but it sounds really good šŸ™‚

3. JulieD says:

Love love this!! I might be more apt to try a green smoothie with pb in it…yum!

So glad you finally tried biscoff spread…good stuff, isn’t it?

4. Byn says:

i have one of these about twice a week! i sub in almond milk for the milk and yogurt, so good! tomorrow i’ll sprinkle in some cinnamon!

5. Peanut Butter in a smoothy!?!?!? Must try this immediately!

6. I live off of this smoothie. Perfect way to start the day – two servings of veggies and a fruit all at once.

7. I love a smoothie in the morning! …Especially one chocked full of lots of good stuff šŸ™‚

8. Christina says:

Green smoothies are awesome…I’ve never tried adding PB though! Looks great! šŸ™‚

I LIVE for smoothies like this! Bookmarking šŸ˜‰

10. Alejandra says:

Oh this looks like such a great way to start the day.

I’m not sure whether to congratulate you or hug you empathetically with regards to the biscoff…that stuff is wonderful but seriously addictive! This smoothie is just what I’d need also! Delicious.

12. oh my gosh that looks so good! and i love your photos btw šŸ™‚

13. [email protected] Eats Girl says:

YUM! I love a great smoothie!

14. whiness says:

Yummy! I love banana-spinach smoothie but I’ve never tried adding peanut butter. I need to try it šŸ™‚

15. Jenny @ BAKE says:

sounds like you’ve had a great time being! this smoothie looks delicious and healthy!

16. carrian says:

I’d say that peanut butter and banana seal the deal for me!

17. So glad you got to try biscoff! And you know that I’m loving the peanut butter in this!

18. Amanda says:

i have yet to try a green smoothie! i think i’ll try out your recipe!

19. […] Swirl Banana Bread Zucchini Sweet Potato Bread Green Peanut Butter and Banana Smoothie Banana Almond Smoothie Vegan Pumpkin Pecan Bread Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal Whole Wheat Banana Bread […]

20. […] we’ve been blowing through a ton of bananas (for smoothies) and don’t feel like throwing the oven on during the work week. Granola is the solution to my […]