During exam time I find myself on the hunt for snack food. I’m ravenous for it! The more sweet and salty the better – anything to get my mind off of studying, really.

With this massive snack craving, and with little time to make anything too wild, I thought of putting some of my favorite flavours together on some air-popped popcorn.

It was a good idea. Such a good idea that this popcorn lasted only two days! The peanut butter and honey come together to make an almost caramel-like consistency on the popcorn. I’m in heaven.

To begin, place wax paper on a large baking sheet and spray with baking spray. Pop your popcorn either with an air popper, on the stove top, or with bagged popcorn.

Place popcorn in a large bowl.

In a small saucepan, combine sugar and honey. Bring to a rolling boil.

Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter until smooth.

Add vanilla.

Pour peanut butter syrup over popcorn and stir to coat.

HELLO!

Spread out on to a cookie sheet to cool for a few minutes.

Enjoy!

Peanut Butter and Honey Popcorn
Makes 8 cups (serves 6-8)

Ingredients:
8 cups popped popcorn (air popped or unbuttered microwave popcorn)
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

Directions:
Place wax paper on a large baking sheet and spray with baking spray.

Place popcorn in a large bowl.

In a small saucepan, combine sugar and honey. Bring to a rolling boil.

Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter until smooth. Add vanilla.

Pour peanut butter syrup over popcorn and stir to coat.

Spread out on to a cookie sheet to cool for a few minutes and enjoy!

47 Responses to Peanut Butter and Honey Popcorn

1. oh my, this sounds diviiiine. honey + peanut butter is one of the most glorious combinations ever + i loved that you made it into a popcorn topping. so delicious!

2. Eileen says:

This does sound amazing, and super easy besides! I think I might toast some whole nuts and add them to the mix as well, or maybe some sesame seeds…mmm. I wonder if there’s some way to get banana in there to create pb & honey & banana popcorn? Maybe half a super-ripe banana mashed thoroughly & added to the caramel mix?

• Sally says:

sometimes i just need a quick snack i can grab and munch on all day. usually it’s granola but this would deifnitely change things up! i love the pb & honey combo. and anything with melted peanut butter has me weak at the knees. :)

• You are one smart woman! Toasted pecans or almond slivers especially would be fabulous in this!!

3. Kate says:

This is GENIUS. I adore the combination of peanut butter and honey and I love stovetop popcorn. I am sold.

4. this sounds delicious for a Saturday movie night at home, I would add some chocolate chips as well!! :)

5. Wow, this sounds simple, yet fabulous. I just found your site today. So glad I did :)

6. YUM! Love the combination of peanut butter and honey – it’s my go to combination for flapjacks and oat bars so can imagine it works wonderfully on popcorn too :-)

7. Kathryn says:

This is such a good flavour combination and I’m pretty sure that any food that you consume during the exam period has zero calories!

8. Yup! Exam time is a 10 packets of kit-kats, a bowl of nuts and cupboard full of chips! This would be perfect.

9. This looks absolutely killer! I would die for some right now. I bet it would make a great gift during holidays too. :)

10. Erin says:

Oh wow! I am not really a bit fan of caramel corn (b/c I’m not the biggest fan of caramel), but I do love me some peanut butter and honey! This looks like such a great snack food!

11. Ahhh! This looks SO amazing.

12. Wow..thats a lovely flavor. Never thought of this one…sounds very interesting. Very simple indeed. I would love to snack on this right away:)

13. This looks sooo good. I love the combination or peanut butter and honey. Yum!

14. Stephanie says:

Oh, peanut butter and honey! What a perfect combo! I would love to eat a whole bowl of this popcorn!

15. PB and honey is such a divine combination. I’d like for every movie theatre to serve this. :)

16. Tracey says:

Wow, wow, wow!! Popcorn is such a quick and easy snack, but you’ve taken it to another level. I need to make this asap :)

17. Ooh, yum! We love popcorn here, and I’m always looking for new ways to make it fun and tasty. This is a great idea!

18. Oh wow! I have been craving popcorn lately and this looks like the PERFECT remedy! Besides, how can anyone say “no” to peanut butter? Mmmm.

19. That sweet and salty combo gets me every time – – and ofcourse since this involves peanut butter I want to stuff my face with it ;)

20. Jenny @ BAKE says:

this sounds incredible!

21. Aggie says:

I love popcorn! I usually eat mine hot air popped, with lots of salt and parmesan cheese…never think to go the sweet/salty route…this sounds amazing!!!

Wait, you made this last a WHOLE TWO DAYS?!?!? What is your secret? this looks so good would have devoured the entire batch in two hours…at the most.

23. Oh my word! I have to make this ASAP! I LOVE salty/sweet snacks!:)

24. i can’t believe i haven’t thought to put these two flavors together on popcorn when i already love them together on bread! can’t wait to make these treats and pair it with a good movie!

25. This looks delicious! I love your photos.

26. That sounds sooo good! I had some truffle popcorn at a work conference last week and I’ve been craving popcorn ever since!

27. I’m usually a popcorn purist – just butter and salt (no cheese or spices please), but(!) you’ve got me here. I have to try this. Thanks!

28. Wow, what a fantastic idea! Looks super yummy! Is it crunchy on the outside? Can’t wait to make this next time we have a movie night!

29. Deborah says:

LOVE this! and I want some right now!

30. Yum :D
    This version of popcorn is a definite pleaser – so happy to have found your blog!

Cheers
    Choc Chip Uru

31. Making this ASAP. Wow I don’t think there is anything more delicious than this!

32. I would have to finish the whole portion before I could stop!

33. createdbydiane says:

oh my this sounds great, peanut butter and popcorn, yum!

34. jwarn says:

Oh my . . . I just finished the Caramel Marshmallow popcorn, so this will be on my next
    “to make” list!

35. This popcorn does sound fabulous! Perfect snacky type of food for studying! Good luck with your exams!

36. Oh my goodness, this is so perfect for me. There is no better flavor combo than PB + honey. Love this Katrina!

37. Angie says:

Mm, yum! I can’t wait to try this!

38. Katie from Katie's Cucina says:

uh oh am I in trouble? lol. this sinful snack looks and sounds amazing!

39. […] us from doing what brink and I love…FOOD! We have made yummy rice krispie treats and made honey peanut butter popcorn. So yummy. We hoped it would make Dawson feel better. Oh yea, Dawson doesn’t like anything! […]

40. […] Gingerbread Cookies Tres Leches Cake Rhubarb Crunch Strawberry Rhubarb Pie with Streusel Topping Peanut Butter and Honey Popcorn Double Fudge Oreo Cookies Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Brownies Rhubarb Muffins with Crumble […]