When I think of February I think of chocolate. It’s inevitable with all the Valentine’s day prep in retail stores, grocery stores, and on the intertubes. Right now I’m looking forward to baking a Valentine’s cake of some chocolate variation, baking brownies, and even with all this chocolate coming in my future, I thought it would be a good idea to bake some cookies too. I’m a growing
sideways girl after all.
I need to tell you something. Listen, ok? It’s important. You need to put Oreos in your cookies. It will change your chocolate-chip-cookie-loving life! You won’t regret it! I like adding a little Oreo to the mix, because it adds a bit of crunch at first bite when the cookie is warm right from the oven (awesome) and then on day two the Oreo chunks soak up some of the moisture from the cookies turning this cookie into a moist, chewy, Oreo cream filled blast of heaven!
Plus, who can resist these straight from the oven?
Nom nom nom.
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 6 tbsp sugar
- 6 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 Oreo Cookies, chopped up into pieces
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream butter, and sugars until well combined. Add egg and vanilla until mixed well.
- Place flour, baking soda and salt into a medium bowl, stir to combine.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients then stir in Oreos and chocolate chips until just combined.
- With a medium cookie scoop (or small spoon), scoop onto a parchment or silpat lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 7-9 minutes or until cooked, but still soft. Let cool on baking sheet for 3 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.
Recipe adapted from Picky Palate