This is my version of the very best granola. It’s naturally sweetened with maple syrup, protein-packed and healthy with nuts and seeds and kept clumpy + crisp with the perfect amount of coconut oil. Enjoy it on top of yogurt or with a splash of milk – it’s addicting!
Crispy, crunchy, clumpy, perfect granola right here. This stuff is THE BEST. And OK, I’ve totally said that before with my Honey Almond Granola but that was before I played with and tweaked THIS recipe. Favourites can change! This is proof.
The main thing that I find makes this granola special is the use of shredded coconut and totally obliterating the nuts in this recipe in the food processor. I also reduced the amount of oats and added less oil + sugar. Together we’ve got CLUMPS! Big fat ones and they’re damn delicious.
In this granola, you’ll find: oats, nuts, seeds, dried fruit, maple syrup and shredded coconut. Play with the proportions to make this your own and enjoy! It makes a solid 6 cups so you’ve got breakfast covered for 12 whole servings!! WOOP!
Happy Monday 😉
- 1 cup whole raw almonds
- 1/2 cup raw walnut/pecan halves
- 1 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup dried blueberries/cherries
- 1/3 cup raw pepita seeds
- 1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 2 tbsp hemp hearts
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 275°F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place 1/2 cup of the almonds into a food processor and process for about 1 minute, until a fine meal forms (similar in texture to sand). Transfer the almond meal to a large bowl.
- In the same food processor, combine the remaining 1/2 cup of almonds and all of the walnuts and process for about 20 seconds, until finely chopped. Add the mixture to the bowl with the almond meal.
- Add the oats, dried fruit, pepita seeds, sunflower seeds, coconut, hemp hearts, cinnamon, and salt to the bowl and stir to combine.
- Add the maple syrup, melted oil, and vanilla to the bowl with the dry ingredients and stir until thoroughly combined.
- With a spatula, spread the granola onto the prepared baking sheet and gently press down to compact it slightly. Bake for 20 minutes, then rotate the pan and bake for 20 to 25 minutes more, or until the granola is lightly golden and firm to the touch.
- Cool the granola on the pan for at least 1 hour before breaking it apart into clusters.
- Store the granola in a glass jar in the fridge for 2 to 3 weeks or freeze it for 4 to 5 weeks.
Recipe adapted from The Oh She Glows Cookbook: Over 100 Vegan Recipes to Glow from the Inside Out by Angela Liddon