This potato salad is packed with flavour combining fresh chives, hard-boiled eggs, and a creamy, garlicky grainy mustard dressing.
The amount of fresh produce that I’ve dealing with this past week is blowing my mind. We had over 45 peaches to use up, a giant bag of various spicy peppers, more cucumbers than is normal for this world, and whole heck of a lot of lettuce.
And with all of this produce hanging around I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to buy a big bag of new potatoes that I saw at the market. They were too pretty! And I have a “thing” for grainy mustard in potato salad, so I went with it.
I’ve been making some variation of this salad since last summer. We had a summer potluck with Paul’s lab in Montreal and one of his friends brought along something similar to this, but plain…just potatoes and a grainy mustard dressing. I was ALL OVER IT. Looking back, I was a bit of a monster, but now that I’ve discovered and played around with the flavour combinations, I’d have to say that this one is my fav, and I can make it for myself whenever I want. No sharing.
This salad is simple, really, and uses fresh chives, some hard-boiled eggs and a lovely apple cider-grainy mustard-mayo dressing. Yum!
So for that last late-summer potluck or for your own table I think you should make this! It’s wonderful. And if you’re craving some other wild potato salad mixes, try this Sundried Tomato + Asiago Potato Salad – it’s fabulous too!
Happy Wednesday! xo
- 1 lb new potatoes, washed and quartered
- 2 hard boiled eggs, quartered
- 1/2 shallot, minced
- 1 tbsp thinly sliced chives
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- Fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup olive oil mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp whole grain mustard
- 3/4 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- Add the potatoes to a large pot along with salted water and bring to a boil. Cook for about 15 minutes or until easily pierced with a fork. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Add boiled potatoes to a serving boil along with boiled eggs, minced shallot, chives, oregano, salt, and pepper and gently fold together.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all of the dressing ingredients and pour into the potato mixture. Fold dressing into the potato mixture until completely combined.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours (or up to 1 day) and serve.
Recipe adapted from Spoon Fork Bacon