We’ve still got some snow on the ground but Spring is here and starting to show its face! At least at the market. I’m starting to see a whole collection of Spring vegetables that I haven’t seen in a while and it’s getting me SO excited for Spring produce!! At work (I work at the Botanical Gardens here in Montreal) we have a really beautiful butterfly exhibit that I like to frequent on early Monday mornings before the public has access. It is amazingly calming to walk amongst the floating butterflies with barely anyone around.
This month I’ve been focusing all of my free time on planning parties for my bestie. So far, both the Bridal Shower and Stag and Doe are finished and all I left to do is plan the Bachelorette (the biggest party of all!) I’m looking forward to it, but man, organizing these things takes so much time!!! To decompress and unwind I’ve been busy in the kitchen 🙂
I have two favourite recipes from this month. My Baileys Ice Cream for sure. It’s creamy with the perfect amount of Baileys flavour and is a recipe I worked on for months to perfect. Tied with the ice cream is this Rhubarb Cobbler, which is a recipe I make every year, over and over again (and is also my husband’s favourite dessert of all time)!
I tried a few recipes from some other food bloggers this month as well (and loved them!):
(1) Chickpea and Sweet Potato Noodle Soup by My New Roots (pictured below)
(2) Spinach and Rocotta Stuffed Shells by Fork Knife Swoon
(3) Spiralized Greek Salad by Skinny Taste
(4) Dainish Dirty Eggs by 10th Kitchen
Photo taken by Sarah
OH!! And I currently have my first ever homemade sourdough starter on the go. I’m following instructions written by Stephanie at Girl Versus Dough and everything is going swimmingly so far. I plan on baking my first loaf of bread today!
OTHER MARCH THINGS
NEWLY DISCOVERED BLOGS:
1. Yes to Yoks. I’m smitten with this food blog. Here, Molly writes about her life and shares a variety of recipes from healthy to indulgent. I am currently loving the looks of these Lemon Cream Scones with Vanilla Berry Butter. THEY LOOK SO FLAKY!
2. Sift and Whisk. An absolutely gorgeous blog where Maria shares a ton of sweet vegan recipes with a side of sass. Her photos keep me coming back to see what she’s up to and well, recipes like this Vegan Coffee Caramel Swirl Ice Cream keep me a loyal fan!
Photo taken by Molly
1. The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah. Still reading this one, but should be done by today, actually. It’s a heartwrencher and a hell of a story. Based in Nazi-occupied France, this book is about the lives of two sisters: one is trying to maintain her family and the other is trying to do what she can to save as many lives as possible. I love it!
2. The Good Girl by Mary Kubica. I read this in days. It’s an easy read about a kidnapping, but honestly, it’s forgettable. Like, I finished it two weeks ago and can barely remember the specifics of it other than the bare bones. Good for a travel read, I expect though!
OTHER MARCH THINGS:
I hope you’ve been enjoying my Cooking in Season series! Here’s what was in season for March, and a recipe guide to go along with it.
I’m going to start the Whole30 plan on April 2nd. I have my meals all planned out and am SO excited to begin! Have you tried it?
That’s all for now friends. Now, enjoy your April!