On Friday I’ll be posting my Christmas baking list but right now I am having the best time making it! It’s incredible how even with all the delicious looking cookies on Pinterest I still go back to the same recipes, year after year. Tradition is alright with me for the holidays 🙂
The only thing that’s killing me is staring at my old, terrible photos. Like these peanut butter blossoms for example. WHAT WAS I THINKING??
These old recipes stay up on the blog because despite having bad photos, they’re still delicious. One of these days I’ll re-photograph them but until then, we move forward friends. On to new sweet and delicious endeavours – like this cheesecake.
I made this wonderful sweet treat for a dinner party that I was hosting recently. It was on a Friday and I needed something that was semi-impressive, tasted like heaven and could be thrown together the night before so that I wasn’t thinking about dessert while also entertaining my guests.
Traditional cheesecake would also have been a good pick for a dinner party but as I mentioned, I had this party during the week and didn’t feel like making something labour intensive after working all day.
And so, this no-bake cheesecake was born! And friends, it is so easy and delicious. The crust is a mixture of graham crackers and toasted hazelnuts (a fine pairing with Nutella if you ask me) and the filling is a simple mixture of Nutella, cream cheese and sugar. That’s it!!
I served this with a dollop of whipped cream and a few chocolate shavings and went straight to heaven.
A silky smooth no-bake Nutella cheesecake with a roasted hazelnut crust
- 3/4 cup toasted hazelnuts
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tbsp confectioners’ sugar
- 5 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 2 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 (13-oz/375g) jar Nutella, room temperature
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 tbsp confectioners’ sugar
- 70% dark chocolate shavings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- To toast the nuts: place hazelnuts onto a baking sheet and roast for 10 minutes, shaking the pan half way through. Place to toasted hazelnuts onto a clean kitchen towel and rub some of the skins off using the towel. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a food processor, add the toasted nuts, graham cracker crumbs and confectioners’ sugar and pulse together a few times until combined. Add melted butter and blend until crumbs are moist. Press crumbs onto the bottom and 1/2 inch up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan. Chill while making filling.
- In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese and confectioners’ sugar until smooth and then add the Nutella to the cream cheese mixture, and continue beating until completely combined and incorporated.
- Take the springform out of the fridge and carefully smooth the Nutella mixture over the base. Place the pan back in the fridge for at least four hours (or overnight).
- When ready to serve, prepare the whipped cream by beating together the heavy cream and confectioners’ sugar in a medium bowl using either hand beaters or in a stand mixer with the whisk attachment. Whip on high until the whipped cream is stiff, but still slightly soft.
- Serve cheesecake sliced straight from the fridge topped with a dollop of whipped cream and some chocolate shavings.
Recipe adapted from Nigella Lawson