I just had the most magical weekend! My best friend said a big Y-E-S to her wedding dress on Saturday!! I have never in my whole entire life seen a more beautiful looking bride…and she isn’t even married yet so I am desperate to see what she’s going to look like on the actual day. I love weddings!!

Chocolate Chip Muffins

I haven’t been in a wedding besides my own (except for being a flower girl) so getting to be a part of something like this has been absolutely fantastic. It’s like going through the motions of wedding planning all over again without any pressure or stress.

Chocolate Chip Muffins

I arrived home from my girls weekend on Sunday night with another fun week ahead to look forward to. Yesterday Paul handed in his PhD thesis so we are spending the week doing mini celebrations by ourselves and with friends simply because we can.

Chocolate Chip Muffins

Because of how busy I knew I would be this week I prepped a bunch of my favorite chocolate chip muffins for the freezer for breakfast. My muffin base recipe is really simple and is one I have made so many times that I can throw everything together by heart without hesitation. I always have the ingredients on hand!

Chocolate Chip Muffins

What makes these muffins special is the big crunchy tops that are studded with bakery-style sparkling sugar and a moist base that keeps soft on the counter for up to a week! These are my favorite chocolate chip muffins. I hope you like them as much as I do πŸ™‚

Chocolate Chip Muffins

• 1 cup whole milk
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
  • 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, plus extra for the tops
  • Sparkling sugar, for topping

1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Grease and flour a muffin tin or line it with cupcake liners.
  2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
  3. In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, sugar, cooled melted butter, and vanilla extract.
  4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and and stir until just combined, making sure not to overmix. Fold in the chocolate chips and mix until they are evenly distributed.
  5. Divide the batter in your muffin pan and arrange a few extra chocolate chips on top. Sprinkle with some sparkling white sugar (I use this brand).
  6. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the muffins comes out clean, about 17-19 minutes.
  7. Remove muffins to a wire rack and cool for at least 5 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.

19 Responses to Chocolate Chip Muffins

1. Tori says:

I could probably eat a whole dozen of these things! Seriously, these could be dangerous…but I think I’ll have to make them anyway!!!

2. Sues says:

These would go so perfectly with my morning coffee!

3. Leslie says:

These are candy! Glad Amber found a dress!

4. You know I am a muffin fiend so I am ALL OVER these! Especially the abundance of chocolate chips! YES! And congrats to your friend for saying Yes to the dress!!

5. Congrats to your friend! I’m sure the process is definitely exciting the second time around when you have less stress πŸ™‚ I love the sugar on these muffins! Pinning πŸ™‚

6. Wow! Double congratulations on your friend getting married and your husband handing in his PHD thesis! These defiantly look like the perfect food to celebrate with- how could you go wrong with chocolate chips! They look delicious!!

7. Trou says:

These look so yummy and would be a wonderful treat in the morning!

<3 Trou

8. Laura says:

These muffins look delicious and perfect for celebrating! Love that sugar sparkle πŸ™‚ Congrats to both your best friend and your hubby!

9. SaraLily says:

Holy moly these look delectable!! YUM!!

10. Having friends get married is the best, you get to be involved in all the fun stuff without the stress!! ha! These muffins look delicious girly!

11. Mary Frances says:

Congratulations to your friend and husband πŸ™‚ This is great news and a perfect way to celebrate! The muffins look so good!!

12. I can’t even think of the words to say how awesome this looks. I made this as cupcakes last night for a Kyla birthday. Thanks so much for the wonderful recipe!

13. Chelsea says:

I only had about 1/3C of chocolate chips, so I cut this recipe in half and made a mini loaf instead. It turned out great! Tasted great, too. Wonderful recipe!

14. Monica says:

Hi Katrina…saw these the other day and had to make them. I always want more muffin ideas and I love how this one uses milk (rather than yogurt or buttermilk, etc.) and I have everything in the house. So I made a half batch…it was so easy and great with all the chocolate chips! So many possibilities. Thanks for giving me a great base to play with. Have a great Thanksgiving coming up!

15. […] and spend many mornings waving a quick “hello” and “goodbye” while shoving muffins into our mouths and running out the door. On these rare mornings that we do get to spend time […]