The heat has been rather incredible over the last few days. Well, mostly the humidity, but summer is definitely showing itself.

Overnight Cinnamon Iced Coffee

I actually like the heat. I work in an air-conditioned building, I live in an apartment that keeps itself cool, and really don’t mind sweating as long as I have a fan and can find ways to beat the heat.

Overnight Cinnamon Iced Coffee

Overnight Cinnamon Iced Coffee

I find there is nothing like a cold drink to help the body cool down. In the mornings while I’m on a long run in the thick, humid air, I like to know that I am (literally) running home to a smoothie (this one to be exact) and a tall glass of iced water. After breakfast Paul makes us cappuccinos and all seems well in the world.

Overnight Cinnamon Iced Coffee

Like any sensible human, there are days that I don’t want a smoothie and want something else and there are days that I’d rather get my caffeine in cold-brew form. Change is good.

Overnight Cinnamon Iced Coffee

I found this recipe for overnight cinnamon iced coffee on Hummingbird High and have made it several times! I love making it in the evenings and serving it with a touch of half and half cream.

It’s the best! And is good for 2 full mornings in the fridge.

Overnight Cinnamon Iced Coffee

Recipe HERE

xoxo

22 Responses to Overnight Cinnamon Iced Coffee

1. Sues says:

I love the heat, too!! It’s very rare that I’m too hot and after the Boston winter we had, I’m not complaining at all this summer! This looks like the perfect way to start a hot summer day šŸ™‚

2. that porcelain cow is wayy to cute! i need one of those. this looks delicious btw – so freshing!

3. Yay!!! I love that recipe ā€” except I made it every day last summer and had to take a break because I was getting so shaky and jittery from drinking it all the time. It’s crazy how much stronger iced coffee is than regular coffee!

Thanks for the link love and giving the recipe a shot!

4. This sounds perfect for my coffee addict dad! Can’t wait to make it soon.

5. This looks amazing! I’m not a coffee drinker but would probably just freeze this and call it a popsicle! šŸ™‚

6. That iced coffee looks so delicious and super refreshing! šŸ™‚

7. Karishma says:

Wow, this sounds so gooood!! I love the taste of coffee, but my stomach can’t really handle it haha. It sounds perfect though, I feel like it would motivate me to get up in the morning!

8. That’s such a great idea for summer! Right now though I am loving a hot coffee in the mornings to warm me up šŸ™‚

9. I am an iced drink kind of person! This is perfection šŸ™‚

I am 100% going to be trying this. It’s basically DESSERT COFFEE. ANd lord knows I need that in my life.

11. Cakespy says:

It’s been hot here – this sound like the perfect antidote! šŸ™‚

12. I don’t mind heat either. As long as you stay hydrated then it’s fine…Sure you will be with one šŸ™‚

13. Kait says:

This looks so delicious. I used to be a huge coffee drinker, but like you, I have switched to smoothies in the morning trying to be healthier. Sometimes you just haaaave to get your coffee fix. I’ll tell you that this recipe would do the trick. I’m going to be trying this asap! http://www.ourfoodieappetite.com/zynodoa-restaurant-review-staunton-va/

The humidity is what gets me!! Thankfully we’ve had a few less humid days recently and it’s been so nice! This iced coffee sounds fantastic!

15. Mmmmm looks great! I’ve been trying to shy away from coffee but I find that I’m still a sucker for it when it’s iced!

16. Whoa Katrina, you’re speaking my language! That is literally my exact morning long run/smoothie + water/coffee routine in that order. As for Michelle’s cold brew, YUM. And cinnamon in coffee is highly underrated. Delish.

17. Your man makes you cappuccino? šŸ˜€ Lucky thing!

This cold coffee looks and sounds fantastic with the cinnamon šŸ™‚ I wish Summer would arrive Glasgow soon so I can brew some! x

18. todd wagner says:

Yay, this is of my favorites!! A good iced coffee is all I really need in life.