I’ve got a simple recipe for you today. This is what I’ve been eating with every meal for three days straight.

Honey Roasted Peanut Butter

We’re moving Wednesday, so I’m not buy groceries and eating random stuff in my cupboards. Like many people, I have a lot of ingredients that are just sitting unused. Like dried pasta, granola bars, every kind of oat imaginable, chocolate chips, honey roasted peanuts, etc.

I need something green in my body SO BAD.

Honey Roasted Peanut Butter

Luckily, my face isn’t shrivelling into itself and my arms haven’t fallen off yet. AND! Peanut butter is packed with protein, so that’s a good thing.

I need something to make me feel like a living human.

Honey Roasted Peanut Butter

Honey Roasted Peanut Butter

This peanut butter is my favorite. And not just because it only has two ingredients and is simple to make!! It just tastes perfect.

CREAMY + SMOOTH + SALTY + SWEET all at once <3

Honey Roasted Peanut Butter

An you know, if almond butter is your thing, I’ve got you covered.

But let’s stick with this gorgeousness for now.

Honey Roasted Peanut Butter

Salty Honey Roasted Peanut Butter

Prep Time: 6 minutes

Total Time: 6 minutes

Yield: 1 cup peanut butter

• 2 cups honey roasted peanuts
  • 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
  • optional: 1 tbsp peanut oil

1. Transfer the peanuts to a food processor and process the nuts on high for about 5 minutes, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl every minute or so, and checking to see that the nuts haven't stuck under your food processor blade.
  2. Once the peanut butter looks smooth, add the salt and then process for another minute or so to make sure the butter looks glossy and smooth. If you don't have a heavy-duty food processor, add in a tablespoon of peanut oil to help the butter along (see notes).
  3. Transfer the peanut butter to a small mason jar or air-tight storage container.
  4. Peanut butter can be used immediately and will keep for several weeks in the fridge.

You shouldn't need to add any oil to this recipe unless you do not have a heavy duty food processor. What makes this peanut butter nice and smooth is time. Keep processing, scrape down the bowl, and process again. It will come together in under 10 minutes, I promise!

25 Responses to Honey Roasted Peanut Butter

1. I want to face plant into this jar. YUM! And I feel you girl. I moved last week (and I’m still not unpacked!) and that basically caused me to just eat the weirdest things ever. I was just eating stuff to use up ingredients. That combined will all the take-out I consume – well, I need a salad too! 🙂

2. Isn’t homemade PB the best? I got my mom hooked on this stuff so she’s been making her own batches too. I can see why you’d eat this for 3 days straight! 🙂

3. You read my mind! I’ve been craving to make some homemade PB!! I eat this stuff by the jars, it’s the best “anytime” snack… or meal, hah.

4. Cakespy says:

This simple and delicious recipe gets this reaction: simply, thumbs UP!!!!

5. I’ve never made homemade peanut butter, but the ingredients and directions look so easy! I will have to make it soon.

6. Simplicity is where it’s at! I love the photos, too 🙂 Pinning!

7. Hanna says:

The photos are really great! I am totally in love with the recipe, but it is totally understandable that you need something green. Hope the moving went well. I will check out your other recipes and just wanted to say Hi.

8. Dang! I need me a food processor, this looks fantastic Katrina!
    I have been eating my way out of the cupboards too this week – close to payday, hah! All the best with the moving on Wednesday! *hugs*

9. Mmm that looks like some delicious peanut butter! I really need to make me some homemade peanut butter, especially roasted like this.

10. i hope you post random recipes with things from your pantry because im moving too soon. i have spices, frozen veggies, puff pastry, etc etc i need to eat or throw (which i dont want to). send help.

11. Anne says:

This looks amazing!!! I love peanut butter, especially using honey roasted peanuts!!! There’s this store that sells freshly ground nut butters and one of them is with honey roasted peanuts. I’ve only bought it once because I couldn’t resist stuffing ALL of it into my mouth!!! This recipe is not gonna help…

12. I love honey roasted peanuts, so I absolutely know I’d love this! Mmmmm. I bet it’s perfect on warm toast 🙂

13. adding honey to the PB sounds delicious! I hope your move goes smoothly!

14. Sabrina says:

So simple and yummy. Loove nut butter

15. Danielle says:

This sounds AMAZING!! I always make my own nut butter and I have no idea why I never thought of this combo before. I will have to try it!! I am happy I found your blog! Everything Looks yummy!!

Danielle xo

16. Simplicity at its finest….

17. Amanda says:

Great recipe!

Yesssss I love making homemade nut butters – this sounds fantastic with the honey roasted peanuts! I buy those all the time from Trader Joes. And gorgeous photos by the way – I love them!

19. Almond butter is my thing and honey is too so thank you for getting me covered 🙂 love the simplicity, and also that creaminess is unbelievable, if I would have it on hand I would eat it for three meals as well!

20. El says:

Of course, you’re peanut butter looks wonderful but I totally relate to the need for green food. I hope your move went well!

21. Zainab says:

I need to try this!! It just looks so amazing. I am thinking adding coconut oil instead of peanut oil…:P Good luck with the move!

22. Awesome idea. Going to try this one for sure.

SO wishing I could lick that spoon off my screen right about now!