Let’s just put this stuff on everything, shall we?
Whether we’re putting it on traditional stuff like ice cream and milkshakes….
Hot fudge for President. Hot fudge for life.
And it’s just in time for the weekend. Because weekends are the time to indulge in all the things you love in life. And I love hot fudge.
This is my favorite recipe for hot fudge. It’s perfectly thick and chewy when it’s on ice cream and when it’s on its own, it’s smooth and rich. AWESOME!
- 2 tbsp Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 tsp Kosher salt
- 3oz (75g) 70% dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Stir together cocoa powder, sugar, corn syrup, cream, salt and half of the chopped chocolate in a medium saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring, until chocolate is melted. Cook sauce at a low boil, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add the remaining chocolate. Let sit for a minute, before stirring in the vanilla extract and stirring everything together until smooth.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Store in the refrigerator.
Recipe adapted from The Sugar Hit
Cooled sauce can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 1 week. Reheat over low heat, stirring.