This past weekend at the market was glorious. It was crazy hot, but I went in the morning with the purpose of buying grapes and tomatoes and ended up coming home with everything.
Everything and some asparagus.
And despite the heat, baked asparagus fries seemed like the perfect idea!
With lemon pepper mayo, of course. I dip everything into that stuff.
So grab some asparagus and get cooking! Move over potatoes…I want your greener friend.
- One bunch fresh asparagus, woody ends removed
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 tbsp Parmesan
- Fresh cracked pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large freezer bag, toss washed asparagus with the corn starch until the asparagus is coated.
- In a shallow bowl or pie plate, whisk one egg.
- In another shallow bowl or pie plate, combine bread crumbs with Parmesan.
- Dip the asparagus in the egg, then into the bread crumbs, turning to coat. Set asparagus on baking sheet. About half way through, refresh your egg and continue the process.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, flipping the asparagus half way through cooking time.
- Meanwhile, prepare the lemon pepper mayo by combining all of the ingredients together in a small bowl. I add a lot of pepper to my dip, but make this to your liking.
- Remove from oven and enjoy with lemon pepper mayo.
Recipe adapted from A Beautiful Mess