I don’t normally post on Fridays, but I just had to share this recipe with you. Like, right now.
My whole guacamole loving world has been rocked. When I make guacamole, I usually go for a spicy version, which until recently, I considered my “classic recipe”, but all has changed.
Apparently, chives belong in guacamole. It’s important, and you need to do this.
I have been making this non-stop. It’s great with chips, toast, eggs, grilled cheese, veggies…everything!! Perfect for the weekend paired with a margarita.
I recommend tripling this recipe. It goes fast!!
Happy Friday everyone! xx
- 3 ripe avocados
- 1 whole lemon, juiced*
- 1/4 red onion, minced
- 2 tbsp fresh chives, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp medium salsa
- Flaked sea salt, to taste
- Fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- In a medium bowl, toss the scooped avocados with lemon juice. Mash the avocados using a fork or potato masher to your desired consistency. Add in the minced onion, chopped chives, and salsa and stir to combine.
- Season with flaked sea salt and pepper to your taste and serve with corn chips.
Recipe adapted from What's Gaby Cooking
If you're looking for a spicy version of this guacamole, add in a diced jalapeño pepper and a 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper. It adds a fabulous heat!
*Lime juice is really nice in this recipe too. If you use lime juice instead, use the juice from two limes instead of the juice from one lemon.
Looking for other great guacamole recipes?
This Black Bean Guacamole is delicious.
This Roasted Corn Guacamole is perfect for summer!