This recipe is a total revamp of my swirly Nutella banana bread from 2011.
I needed an updated version to go along with my fav banana bread recipe and out this came!
Because baking in an already hot kitchen is something I will do forever.
Don’t fret. I have ice cream. And cold white wine.
Plus, banana bread is one of those things that everyone needs in their life somehow. It’s a grab and go breakfast that’s delicious, it’s a way to use up ripe bananas…
AND! If you’re baking banana bread with Nutella, you have an excuse to spoon a ton of chocolate into your face.
This recipe is so delicious. The banana bread base is my favorite and the Nutella swirl just makes everything 100 times better.
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 6 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 3 tbsp plain low fat Greek yogurt
- 1 cup mashed bananas (about 2 very ripe bananas)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 6 tbsp Nutella
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and adjust the oven rack to the lower third position. Spray 8×4-inch loaf pan with nonstick spray.
- In the bowl of your standing mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (or in a medium bowl with a hand mixer), combine the butter and brown sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the egg, yogurt, mashed bananas and vanilla on medium speed until combined. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon until combined. Add the flour mixture to the banana mixture and mix using a wooden spoon or rubber spatula until just combined, making sure not to overmix (it's ok is some flour is still showing).
- Spoon Nutella into a medium dish and soften in the microwave for about 15 seconds. Add 1/2 cup of the banana bread batter to the Nutella and stir until blended well.
- Spoon Nutella batter alternately with plain banana bread batter into the prepared pan. Swirl batters together with a knife.
- Bake the bread for 50-60 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool completely in the pan on a wire rack.
Recipe adapted from my favorite banana bread
Store bread wrapped tightly in plastic wrap in the refrigerator (covered) for up to 5 days.