Not too long ago I purchased three seasonal produce calendars from Chasing Delicious – a fruit one, a vegetable one, and a herb one. They hang in my kitchen and I love them.

Broccoli Garlic Quiche

After having the photos for about a month, Paul pointed to the fruit print and told me it was wrong. I disagreed, naturally, because OF COURSE it wasn’t wrong!

And then I actually looked at it closely.

Broccoli Garlic Quiche

Apparently I had purchased three produce calendars for the state of California…and I live in Montreal, Quebec. Good thing they’re pretty!

Broccoli Garlic Quiche

Anyway, in Palermo broccoli is currently showing its stuff. It’s everywhere!…and I mean it. You can buy it all along the street on any street in the city. But even when I’m in Canada, I cook with broccoli all year ’round. I just love the stuff.

Broccoli Garlic Quiche

Because when it’s paired with cheddar, there a few things in life that I love more.

Broccoli Garlic Quiche

I like broccoli and cheddar together in soup, I like them stuffed in potatoes, I like them in wild rice, and I like them in quiche!!

Broccoli Garlic Quiche

And booooooy do I have a fabulous recipe for you today.

We’ve got a perfectly baked buttery pie crust, fresh broccoli, eggs, two cloves of garlic, some spices and a whole bunch of cheese!! Pure deliciousness, if you ask me. And it can be saved and reheated for later. #winning

Broccoli Garlic Quiche

Enjoy your weekend everyone! xx

Broccoli Garlic Quiche

Prep Time: 35 minutes

Cook Time: 50 minutes

Total Time: 1 hour, 25 minutes

Yield: one 9-inch quiche

• 1/2 recipe pie crust (or 1 pie shell), chilled
  • 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets, cut into small pieces
  • 2 large garlic cloves, minced
  • 6 large eggs
  • 1 1/2 cups half and half cream
  • 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
  • 1/4 tsp cayenne
  • Salt and fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
  • 2 cups grated medium Cheddar cheese
  • Grated fresh Parmesan, for topping

1. Preheat oven to 350*F. Roll out pie crust to 1/8 inch thick, fit to 9-inch pie dish and crimp edges if desired. Pre-bake the pie crust for 8 minutes.
  2. While the pie crust is in the oven, cook broccoli in a large pot of boiling water for 4 minutes. Drain broccoli and rinse under cold water to stop it from cooking further. Pat the broccoli dry with paper towel.
  3. Whisk together the garlic, eggs, cream, nutmeg, cayenne, salt and pepper in a large bowl until combined.
  4. Turn oven up to 375*F. Pour filling into pie shell and add broccoli. Sprinkle the grated cheddar over top.
  5. Place pie dish on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake on the centre shelf of the oven for 40-50 minutes, or until the center is set and the top and crust are golden.
  6. Allow to cool slightly and enjoy warm or room temperature.

-Recipe adapted from Love and Olive Oil

-For the pie crust, try this recipe from the Pioneer Woman

-Can be stored tightly covered in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.

-Baked quiche freezes well for up to 2 months.

45 Responses to Broccoli and Cheddar Quiche

1. I also cook with broccoli all year long, I just can’t help it! It’s so good! Also, one of my favorite quiches to make is a broccoli and cheddar quiche. This looks amazing!

2. Sues says:

I loveee quiche and this one looks seriously beautiful!

• Laura says:

Yes, one seriously awesome looking quiche, something I usually order at restaurants as I am afraid to attempt myself!! Montreal, oh yum, hello wonderful cheese. No wonder you love cheddar. I live on the border of US & Cananda and we love going over the border to buy cheese & donuts!!

3. YUM – look at those whole pieces of broccoli poking through!!

4. Monica says:

This looks simply fabulous! I will take a big wedge, please! And the story about the calendar is hilarious. : )

5. I’m pretty terrible about knowing what’s in season — I wouldn’t have even realized bought the wrong calendar! I alwayyys eat broccoli though and this quiche looks totally fabulous.

6. Honestly, this pie IS winning – it is totally gorgeous (how do you always rock such awesome pies girl!?!)! Broccoli is one of my fav. veggies ever! Wish I had a piece of this right about now! Pinned πŸ™‚ Have a great weekend!!

7. Yummm! Quiche is a favorite of mine as well and broccoli rocks my socks off. This looks great! The calendar situation is pretty hysterical and unfortunate at the same time.

8. That quiche looks like perfection! And 1/2 and 1/2 makes life much better.

9. I’ve been all over Italy, but have never visited Sicily. It’s on my list, and so is this beautiful quiche! Pinning for later.

Broccoli and cheddar is suchhhh a good combo. I love the sound of this quiche!

11. Amanda says:

I love everything about this!!!

12. Broccoli and cheese is one of the best combinations. I’ve never had it in quiche so I’m fairly certain I’ve been missing out my whole life! This looks amazing, I can’t wait to try it!

13. GiGi Eats says:

If I could eat dairy, you better believe I would be the FIRST ONE IN LINE to get a slice of this!!

14. There is something comforting about broccoli and cheddar recipes to me. After all I do love broccoli cheddar soup. Pinning this.

15. Emily says:

This quiche sounds delicious. I lovve quiche, and I love broccoli-cheddar anything. Broccoli is my favorite vegetable ever.

16. Oh mannnn…quiche is my love language. CHEESY quiche with broccoli?! Dying.

17. Well, even if the seasonal produce calendars were for CA, they are still pretty cool and I bet make great kitchen wall art! πŸ™‚ ok, I love quiche .. nothing says comfort to me more for brunch than quiche!!! and with all the cheddar and parmesan, oh baby. . love this!! pinned!!

18. laura says:

this looks delicious and i love cooking with things that are in season. It just seems so wrong that nowadays everything is available all year round.

19. Ooohh this looks good!!! But, then again, I love just about any recipes with cheddar in the title πŸ˜€

20. Broccoli is fantastic! I cannot believe I didn’t like it as a child, what was I thinking?! And surrounded by cheese and crust? Broccoli cannot defend itself, aaaaand munch – it’s gone! Thank you so much for the recipe! That’s so cool how you got a recipe calendar πŸ˜€ Brilliant random inspiration, love it! x

21. Annie says:

well. this is delicious and I’m ready to eat it now πŸ˜‰ putting this on our recipe list!

22. Growing up in CA, I didn’t realize that there really is a “season” for produce. Isn’t that strange? We’re seriously sheltered out here. πŸ™‚

I cook with broccoli year round too- it’s my fave! I think I’m going to whip one of these up for Thanksgiving morning, wouldn’t it be really easy for making sure you didn’t get too hungry before dinner?

Excellent recipe, THANK YOU! πŸ™‚

Thanks for your nice comment Carla! I can only imagine how awesome it would be to grow up in CA with all that amazing produce!

23. Okay! This quiche!! I’m hungry and I just had lunch! Looks delicious!

24. Sippitysup says:

Well CA has good produce. Maybe you like to keep up with what we have in season?? GREG

25. This recipe looks so good. I think I want it for breakfast tomorrow morning! Enjoy a restful weekend, Katrina πŸ™‚

26. This quiche looks amazing, Katrina! Love the combination of flavours, they work so well together. Your photos really capture the beautiful vibrant colours!

27. Broccoli is a staple with me. I put it in everything. I love quiche too, because I love egg. I have made this combo a lot of times, but yours looks better than mine. Plus the addition of garlic rocks.

28. Karishma says:

I used to have the best broccoli & cheddar quiche at the coffeeshop I worked at, but I haven’t had it for so long! The next time I’m craving it, I will try your recipe out!

29. Mmm! love the spices in this! πŸ™‚ Sounds so delicious!

30. Desme says:

Oh goodness! this looks yumee, I will have to try this soon.
    Great pics too!

xoxo
    Desy

31. Ugh, this is what I want for breakfast right now!

Broccoli definitely tastes best when it’s all cheesed up! Says the five year old in me. πŸ˜› Love this as breakfast/lunch/dinner/allthetimemeal.

33. I love broccoli! It sounds like such a delicious mix.

34. Holy yum. That is a seriously delicious looking quiche! Looove broccoli + lots o’ cheddar.

35. Cheryl says:

Whoa! This looks so incredible. I have to ask, though.. do you have an email subscription? I could never find one so I created an IFTTT recipe to email me when you post but I never get them! πŸ™

I do! It’s newly added to the right hand side of my page. It SUCKS though, but it at least sends you an email when new posts are made. I tried downloading mailchimp, but my version of WordPress doesn’t support it for some reason. I’m currently trying to figure it out! Stupid technology.

36. This looks amazing, Katrina!

37. Aimee says:

I’ve really been into making quiche lately and eating it all week long. I’ll have to add this one to my recipe files!!

38. […] just love baking eggs. Because it makes no difference to me whether my mouth is full of frittata or quiche. I can’t get enough of […]