Hallowe’en is tomorrow. Can we talk about things that scare us?

spinach and artichoke pizza

As I’ve gotten older I find myself afraid of way more things than I used to be – like getting electrocuted when I plug in my travel adapter or choking on an almond.

Little, stupid things, but they’re real.

spinach and artichoke pizza

I’d have to say my top five fears are (not in order):

Heights
The dark
Suffocating
Farting in public
Being alone

spinach and artichoke pizza

I could go deeper, but I feel like I share a lot of the same fears with other people. What are you guys afraid of?

In Sicily, Hallowe’en is a pretty new concept. Kids don’t go trick or treating, but in recent years adults have started having parties and dressing up like us Westerners, so I’ve seen a few skulls, plastic pumpkins and Scary Movie masks here and there.

spinach and artichoke pizza

We won’t be celebrating, but Hallowe’en DOES fall on a Friday. And to me, Friday = pizza night. And we’re getting freaky with spinach artichoke pizza!

Spinach and Artichoke Pizza // Warm Vanilla Sugar

On top of a delicious chewy dough, we have hot and gooey spinach and artichoke dip topped with mozzarella and parmesan. I love this pizza. A lot.

spinach and artichoke pizza

And I owe all this awesomeness to Jessica at How Sweet It Is!! I copied the recipe to a T and love her to death for it.

spinach and artichoke pizza

Have a great weekend everyone! xx

47 Responses to Spinach and Artichoke Pizza

1. I actually feel a little of the opposite – the older I get, the less I have a lot of those fears. Maybe I just used to be a scaredy cat and now I’m a little more rational. My only major fear is the death or loss of a loved one. That pizza by the way? DROOLING. I made pizza dough last night, so I think this might be the best coincidence ever.

My husband is the same way!! He finds that as he’s gotten older he’s lost his childhood fears. I wish I could do the same!

2. I’m terrified of heights, though I don’t remember being this way when I was younger. Despite doing things like, ziplining and repelling, to get past it, my fear of heights just gets worse as I get older.

This pizza has my name all over it!!

3. I am from Moldova, and Halloween is just starting to pick up there, I moved to US a few years ago and I was blown away at what a big celebration it is here. I can’t wait to take my son trick or treating this year. My biggest fear, hm , probably heights and open water.

4. This looks amazing!!! Halloween isn’t big here either but we found a local bar where people are dressing up and are sooooo going!

“Farting in public” <– You are hilarious! I thought I was the only one with the fear!!

Happy Halloween girl!

5. I think your top 5 is pretty right on. . and yes, agree that a lot of people share the same fears. . that last one is on point though. I think this is why I always try to play match maker for the people I love. . because I don’t want them to be alone!! oh my gawd, I think I just had a break through. . seriously people are always asking me why I try to play match maker all the time. . and now I know! anyway, this pizza is freaking amazing. . I think I might need to pass this recipe (and Amanda’s Marry Me cookies) on to some of my friends to reel someone in. . b/c surely anyone would fall in love after one bite of this, yes?!

Being a good cook definitely plays a big part in my marriage! lol, pizza is a great thing to know how to make at home. And I’m so glad we agree on the whole being alone thing – I felt so embarrassed writing that, but it’s true!!

6. Annie says:

this combines two of my favorite things. what I’m saying here is I’m in. totally in. yum!

7. Sues says:

I am a huge fan of spinach artichoke dip, so I’m pretty sure I would LOVE this pizza, too!!

8. I love cooked spinach. The difference cheeses on this pizza look devine.

9. I am definitely more afraid of heights, I think it has to do with being a little more aware of how “breakable” you are, plus being larger means it’s a bit harder to balance.

But yummmmm, pizza! Love all that cheesy goodness.

10. Happy Halloween to you too!
    And me O my what a flippin’ amazing looking pizza that is 😀 Sometimes I find that meet on pizza is overrated, the magis lies withing in the dough and the cheese, and spinach actually has a bit of a meaty flavour when found on pizza anyway. That was how I discovered I liked spinach anyway ^ ^

As for things that scare me, I can now cross out “dentist” off my list as I overcome that fear last year – it only took me over 15 years….

Hmmm, let’s see. I am not too keen on heights, being underwater, and I cannot STAND horror movies (what is the point sitting through at least the whole of NINETY minutes of tension…I mean…really?!). And horseradish somewhat scares me too… and touching sponges gives me the heebeejeebees – so now you know!
    Thanks for the heads up for this recipe – I’d love to make it in the near future, and I wish you a happy Italiano Halloweeno (addition of Os necessary y’know!) Big hugs from Glasgow x

15 years to get over the dentist?!?! Whoa girl, you’re strong! Also, out of everyone, your fears are by far the most unique: touching sponges?! horseradish?!?! I don’t mean to laugh, but….

I love ya!

• Hahah thanks for the…sympathy, tsk tsk 😛
        I don’t know, horseradish and sponges just gets to me… I gotta work on this! ^ ^ And I am all over the dentistophobia now though, as I got one of the nicest ones there is in town, phew! x

11. Kathryn says:

I love Friday pizza night and this pizza sounds awesome!

12. Perfect pizza for a Friday night (or any night!). I’m afraid of snakes. And heights. I’m sure there’s more 🙂

13. I have never ever like heights. Farting in public… me too. Your pizza looks yummy.

14. Amanda says:

This looks so good, I need to make this asap!

15. cheri says:

What a great pizza, love spinach and artichoke together! I’m terrified of dentist and heights. Happy Halloween!

16. oh man. i am craving pizza now and i only just finished eating dinner … farting in public made me LOL because the other ones are much more serious … hehe! my fears are absolutely horrible ones, usually involving natural disasters and the coming of any sort of apocalypse (zombie or otherwise…) love that you’re from montreal! hello, fellow canadian! (i’m from vancouver)!

17. Love this pizza! I want a HUGE slice. I’m with you – these days I’m more afraid of things like choking on an almond. The first time my husband deployed, I had my mom email me every morning to make sure I didn’t die in my sleep because I would worried my kids would starve!

18. Karishma says:

I definitely agree with you on being more afraid of things. I NEVER used to be afraid of heights, and now I am!

This pizza looks soo cheesy and good! I hope you have a good halloween in Sicily!

19. Love that combo, and I totally equate Friday to pizza too. Have a great weekend!

20. Ahh yes, we all have fears girl. I feel like I’ve overcome a lot of them thankfully, but I still have some “big” ones like finding out at the end of my life that I’ve only lived for myself?!!! So it’s bad and good, but I use that as a gauge to keep me in check. 🙂 And chocking on almonds is legit…my husband’s little cousin choked on it and I was more traumatized by being there not able to do much for her. Poor thing! And this pizza~delicious! I’m not crazy about pizza but once in a while I love flavors other than the traditional sauce.

21. This looks RIDICULOUSLY amazing – yum! Love the addition of artichokes!

22. That looks incredible! I love spinach and artichoke dip, and pizza, so combining the two sounds like a match made in heaven! Can’t wait to try this!

23. Sippitysup says:

I’m afraid of ugly pizza. Fortunately this is a dream come true. GREG

24. CakeSpy says:

Laughing out loud! I do yoga all the time and my biggest fear is farting not only in public but in a serene and quiet yoga studio.

Yet one of my greatest pleasures in life is pizza. Thank you for sharing your fears and your pizza!!

25. Oh my goodness this pizza looks amazing!
    I can totally relate to the fear of choking on almonds — choked on a soy bean at a wedding earlier this year… it was terrible haha. I also have this terrible fear of clowns, earwigs, and asparagus

Have a great weekend! thanks for sharing this! 🙂

Ummm yeah. I can’t say I’m afraid that I’ll choke on an almond but otherwise we have pretty similar fears. Pinky swear that if either of us ever does end up alone, we’ll move in together. And eat loads of this pizza. That would make my life.

27. Sugar et al. says:

Such gorgeous flavours! A pizza like this can make me forget my fears though I can totally relate to the ones you have listed here.

28. Bec says:

A lovely recipe and some honest words! I am scared of walking under scaffolding and un plugging things from the wall! The silliest things, I have to some times be a brave girl and walk under those scaffolds! Lovely pizza recipe, Bec x

29. Bou Shin says:

This looks so thick and yummy and omnomnommable! I need a bunch of this!

30. Pierre says:

My greatest fear? Maybe never be able to eat this pizza! haha, it looks wonderful; I just hope I will be able to cook something close to this!

31. […] not making our favorite Neapolitan style pie, we like to have fun with flavours. We’ve made spinach and artichoke pizza, taco pizza, portobello pesto pizza, garlic bread “pepperoni” pizza, and flatbread […]