SQUEE!! Today we are celebrating a very special lady. Lauren from Keep It Sweet Desserts is due to have a baby boy (SO SOON!!), so a bunch of her blogger friends have gotten together to throw her a little online party.
We love babies and we love Lauren!
The theme is mini snacks and sweets, so naturally I have prepared a normal sized tomato. *FAIL*
It’s not because I don’t care about themes! I love themes. It’s just that I moved to Sicily, and finding cute mini things to make isn’t so easy…so, I went to the market and thought “tomatoes are small, right”? And then when nobody answered me I bought some, along with some peaches and fresh bread and made this roasted caprese stack.
Plus, if you have a giant mouth, then you could totally shove an entire tomato into it and call it mini. Just make sure to wear a bib. These are juicy.
This caprese stack recipe is simple and delicious. Just roast some balsamic and olive oil drizzled peaches and tomatoes in the oven, stack them on top of each other with some fresh mozzarella in between, and top with basil dressing.
Dipping fresh bread in the juice is highly encouraged.
Now, let’s celebrate Lauren, shall we?!
Be sure to check out all the fun food from the below bloggers and come join our party!
Mini Pumpkin Layer Cakes from The Baker Chick
Mini Apple Spice Cupcakes from Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
Mini Nutella Brownies from The Cooking Actress
Mini Iced Oatmeal Cookie Apple Pies from Girl Versus Dough
Pickles in a Blanket from The Lemon Bowl
Mini No-Bake Chocolate Cheesecakes from Bake or Break
Mini Cookie Cocktail (and Mocktail!) from We Are Not Martha
Mini Chocolate and Peanut Butter Fondant Cakes from London Bakes
Double Decker Birthday Cake Blondie Bites from Baker By Nature
Mini Brown Butter Pumpkin Cupcakes from Eats Well With Others
Roasted Caprese Stack with Peaches from Warm Vanilla Sugar
Crunchy Cookie Butter M&M Bars from The Avid Appetite
Mini Pumpkin Streusel Pies from Espresso and Cream
- A few slices of good, crusty bread
- 4 tomatoes
- 2 ripe peaches
- olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
- salt and fresh cracked pepper
- 4 slices of fresh mozzarella
- basil leaves, for serving
- handful of fresh basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Cut the tomatoes and peaches in half and place them in a baking dish cut side up. Drizzle with oil, balsamic vinegar, a sprinkle of salt and a few cracks of fresh pepper.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, and then place slices of mozzarella on 4 tomato halves and bake for 5 more minutes.
- Meanwhile, blend together all of the ingredients for the basil dressing. Adjust taste to your liking.
- When the cheese on the tomatoes has melted a bit, take out of the oven. Cut the sliced peaches in half.
- Prepare stacks by placing a basil leaf on the mozzarella, followed by a peach slice and another tomato half. Top with a dressing and another basil leaf to make things pretty.
- Serve with slices of fresh bread for dipping.
Recipe adapted from What Should I Eat For Breakfast Today?