Guess what I’m doing this weekend?!

blueberry streusel muffins // warm vanilla sugar

Nothing! But in the best possible way.

blueberry streusel muffins // warm vanilla sugar

P- is away canoe camping with the boys (his idea of a Bachelor party) and I’m left at home to find a bunch of stuff to do one my own.

And guess what!?! It’s Jazz Fest in Montreal, which means a ton of free bands!

blueberry streusel muffins // warm vanilla sugar

I’m definitely not one of those people who has trouble going out by myself, I love it, in fact. I get to go out when I want and come home when I want and EAT WHAT I WANT! Totally awesome.

blueberry streusel muffins // warm vanilla sugar

I don’t usually cook as much when I’m alone, but I DO bake. Sooo these muffins came about and I plan on enjoying one (or two) each morning after a long sleep in!

blueberry streusel muffins // warm vanilla sugar

They’re a classic blueberry muffin, really. Just made with buttermilk (the best) and a fabulous and simple streusel topping.

blueberry streusel muffins // warm vanilla sugar

• 2 cups fresh blueberries
  • Streusel Topping:
  • 4 tbsp brown sugar
  • 1 tbsp all purpose flour
  • 2 tsp vegetable oil
  • 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon

1. Preheat oven to 350º. Lightly grease a muffin tin with cooking spray or line with muffin liners.
  2. Prepare streusel topping by whisking together the sugar and flour. Add oil and mix together until texture is sand-like and oil is fully mixed in.
  3. In medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
  4. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, vanilla and buttermilk. Add flour mixture and stir until just combined. Gently fold in blueberries.
  5. Divide batter evenly into 12 muffin cups. Sprinkle muffins with streusel topping.
  6. Bake for 20 to 25 min, until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
  7. When muffins are done, cool for a few minutes in the muffin pan before removing to cool on a wire rack.

Recipe adapted from The Baker Chick

28 Responses to Blueberry Streusel Muffins

1. Kelly says:

These muffins look amazing! Nothing better than a warm blueberry muffin in the morning! YUM!!

2. ahu says:

just beautiful – looks amazing and i bet it smells so too!

3. Oh my! Look at that blueberry oozing out of that muffin. Simply perfect. Enjoy your weekend, Katrina!

4. Nanny says:

The sound and look amazing Katrina.

5. These are like blueberry buttermilk pancake muffins, dang girl! That and a bit of Jazz and you’re sorted 😀 It sounds amazing anyway!

Here, I went to a tea house last night for amazing tea and vegetarian food, and there were this old Blues duo playing for an hour or so. Ended up with their album. Mmmm music is the curer of all evil, and muffins too! x

6. These look so amazing! Blueberry muffins are so yummy and streusel takes them over the top 🙂

7. Renee @ AFS says:

Oh, blueberry muffins are my favourite! Making them with buttermilk is indeed the best. I’m so jealous now!

8. Amanda says:

These look fabulous! Sounds like you are doing the weekend right. 🙂

9. I love weekends like that! These muffins look fab!

10. Jenny @ BAKE says:

I wish I was more independent! though you’re really selling the idea! these muffins look delicious, such a great breakfast.

11. Erin says:

These look delicious but was wondering if you could sub other fruits (cherries) and if that would require changing any ratios of ingredients (sugar?)

You can absolutely sub any fruit – just make sure you use 2 cups! I would keep the ratios of everything else the same 🙂

12. These muffins look amazing!! I love a good blueberry muffin. Yum.

13. The house to yourself and some uninterrupted time is a luxurious treat for most women. I have a job that is constant interruptions from multiple sources, so I prize that kind of time. Delux muffins—-I pinned the recipe.

14. Marie @ Little Kitchie says:

YUM! I love baking when I have the house to myself too… such a treat! Hope you had a great weekend!

15. Yum! I can almost smell these amazing muffins!!! Hope your weekend was great!

16. Always loving a good muffin recipe! These look great!

Sylvia @ WorldTasting

17. Rachel Cooks says:

These muffins look so amazing! Hope you had a great weekend!

18. These look like the ultimate breakfast muffin! Adding to my list to make this week!

19. Mmmm I love weekends where you can just chill at home…and eat muffins!! Blueberries are one of my favorite summer berries by far and these muffins look fabulous! 😀

20. Jordan Burgett says:

These look so delicious! The topping on these looks like the perfect thing to add to an already accepted favorite. I feel there should be a national blueberry muffin in your pjs day!

21. I just came across you blog, and love it! I am also a vegetarian runner with a bit of a sweet tooth!
    These muffins look perfect. Indulgent, but not over the top. Plus you could add any summer fruit you have on hand. Thanks for sharing!

I really enjoy spending time by myself also…I really think it’s a girl thing because the.boy has no desire to be alone ever whereas I NEED and CRAVE alone time. It’s weird.

Baking when alone is one of my favorite pastimes! I mean, an excuse not to share is always a welcome one!

23. Joanna says:

I’ll have to bake quite a few cupcakes for a summer fair very soon. Looks like I’ve found the recipe! Thanks!

24. […] can all agree that streusel topped things are best, right? Streusel topped muffins and quick breads are my fav. And a good coffee cake (like this one) is always going to be the baked […]