Guess what I’m doing this weekend?!
Nothing! But in the best possible way.
P- is away canoe camping with the boys (his idea of a Bachelor party) and I’m left at home to find a bunch of stuff to do one my own.
And guess what!?! It’s Jazz Fest in Montreal, which means a ton of free bands!
I’m definitely not one of those people who has trouble going out by myself, I love it, in fact. I get to go out when I want and come home when I want and EAT WHAT I WANT! Totally awesome.
I don’t usually cook as much when I’m alone, but I DO bake. Sooo these muffins came about and I plan on enjoying one (or two) each morning after a long sleep in!
They’re a classic blueberry muffin, really. Just made with buttermilk (the best) and a fabulous and simple streusel topping.
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!…I sure will 😉
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp all purpose flour
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350º. Lightly grease a muffin tin with cooking spray or line with muffin liners.
- Prepare streusel topping by whisking together the sugar and flour. Add oil and mix together until texture is sand-like and oil is fully mixed in.
- In medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, vanilla and buttermilk. Add flour mixture and stir until just combined. Gently fold in blueberries.
- Divide batter evenly into 12 muffin cups. Sprinkle muffins with streusel topping.
- Bake for 20 to 25 min, until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
- When muffins are done, cool for a few minutes in the muffin pan before removing to cool on a wire rack.
Recipe adapted from The Baker Chick