These are P’s favorite brownies ever. These are also not homemade. I don’t know how I feel about that, but since my live-in recipe tester says they’re the best, I figured you guys should probably know they exist!

easy caramel brownies // warm vanilla sugar

For me, brownies are good any time of year. I like them plain, I like them with candy…I like them any way, really. There’s something so perfect about a big piece of chewy, chocolate, deliciousness.

easy caramel brownies // warm vanilla sugar

Something you can sink your teeth into….you know?

easy caramel brownies // warm vanilla sugar

I’m still craving Spring vegetables every minute of every day, let’s be real, but this is what I want after the green stuff. Marathon training requires balance.

easy caramel brownies // warm vanilla sugar

Speaking of marathon training, the big race is this Sunday! I’m hoping to beat 3 hours and 35 minutes this time to qualify for the Boston Marathon. Nooooo idea if this is possible, but I’m going for it!

easy caramel brownies // warm vanilla sugar

Today, I’m guest posting these brownies on Needs Salt. Check out Abbie’s sweet blog! xx

easy caramel brownies // warm vanilla sugar

Easy Caramel Brownies

Prep Time: 5 minutes

Cook Time: 40 minutes

Total Time: 45 minutes

Yield: 12 brownies

Easy brownies stuffed with caramel.

• 1 box Ghirardelli double chocolate brownie mix (or your favorite)
  • Eggs, vegetable oil, and water to prepare brownie mix
  • ~8 Caramel Mars Bars (or Milky Way Simply Caramel Bars)

1. Preheat oven according to the brownie package instructions. Spray and flour an 8x8-inch baking pan. Set aside.
  2. Prepare brownie mix according to box directions. Spread evenly in the bottom of prepared pan and top with candy bars so that they're spread evenly on top. Push them down into the brownie mix. Don't worry if they mix doesn't go over top.
  3. Place pan in the centre rack of your oven and bake for about 40 minutes.
  4. Remove brownies from the oven and let cool for about 30 minutes to an hour on a wire rack.
  5. Cut and serve when the brownies are cooled.

30 Responses to Easy Caramel Brownies

1. It’s all about a balanced diet, ey? I can imagine your body needs a bit of this after a long run, and my – they look delicious!
    When I moved to Scotland, I had heard of the infamous “deep-fried Mars Bar” and I have had one since I moved here (A whole bar was a little exessive, but I wouldn’t mind one of the mini ones again ๐Ÿ™‚ Ooey gooey!), so if anything this is a little healthier than that ๐Ÿ˜›
    I hope the marathon goes well, and you never know – I’m rooting for you qualifying ๐Ÿ™‚ x

Thanks love!! I can’t imagine what a fried Mars bar would taste like. Rich, I’m sure. Have a great weekend! xx

2. This is such a good idea! I’d love to try it, looks so tasty before it’s even been baked!

3. Mmm, caramel in a brownie? And it’s easy? I have to try this. ๐Ÿ™‚

4. OMG…these are brilliant! Brownies and caramel in one…can’t get better than that!

5. tahnycooks says:

after my running I always crave cookies! I could switch it up with these…not a bad idea!

6. Adri says:

Oh my! Decadence incarnate! These sound wonderful!

7. I appreciate why these are his favorite! Yum! Good luck on the marathon!

8. Kelly says:

Wow, these looks delicious!!

9. Leslie says:

We will be there cheering you on!!! And brownie wise ghiradelli is very close to perfection

10. Elizabeth @ SugarHero.com says:

Daaaang, Katrina, these look insane! I don’t really like cake mixes, but I actually love brownie mixes–I don’t know what crack cocaine the brownie makers put in those mixes, but they’re irresistible. And adding candy bars?! Yes please. Good luck on your race!! That is a crazy fast time, better have another brownie to prepare. ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks Elizabeth! I’m the exact same way. I usually make mostly everything from scratch, but I am SO accepting of brownie mix!! High five!

11. These look ridiculously good!!!! How about some brownies with coffee crisps?! Good luck with race!

12. Having a “live-in” tester is a must for a food blogger right? Love it! But more so my hubby loves having that tough job LOL! Good luck on Sunday!! These brownies look so awesome!

13. Thank you so much for guest posting on my blog, Katrina! It was a total pleasure to have you.

14. LOVEEE.THIS!!!!! Want to reach out for these brownies right through my computer screen!

15. Meredith says:

Totally irresistible!

16. Mars bars in the brownie mixture?! That is truly brilliant!!!

17. Ghirardelli makes a great brownie mix. I often use it as a shortcut to great brownies too. I know these would be a hit at my house. Good luck with the marathon!

18. These look and sound amazing! Love anything with a brownie base and lots of caramel chocolate goodness! Pinned!

19. You are bad—very very bad. I am not much of a brownie person. Although I was a brownie, when I was a little girl. I know, it’s lame. Anyway THESE brownies make me get on the brownie band wagon. Good Heavens, they are decadent mainly because they are tooooooo easy.

20. Mmmm these look divine! I’m feeling very inspired now to try lots of different types of sweets in brownies – Smarties brownies sounds like they could be heavenly!

21. Sippitysup says:

I hope your race went well and you are enjoying a brownie right now. GREG

22. Oh my gosh Milky Way-stuffed brownies sound insane! Great idea. Hope your race was awesome!

Ha! I love this! Just seeing those bars resting in that brownie batter made me so hungry. Thank you for sharing!

I’m so bummed that I am late in saying good luck to you! This is what happens when I get behind in my feedly. Well hopefully there is another post already in my feed with a race update! And that these fueled you along the way. Whoa. And yum.

25. Oh man are those whole milky way bars up in those brownies?! I can see why you love them!! And they may not be “from scratch” but they are easy and delicious and sometimes that’s all you need on a rainy day. ๐Ÿ˜‰

26. oh.my.god…these look so good! I know my hubs would love them. Nothing wrong with a doctored up boxed mix now and then ๐Ÿ˜‰