When it comes to summertime drinks or cocktails, all I’ve been wanting lately is beer.

Raspberry Beermosa // Warm Vanilla Sugar

Living in Montreal, this craving is easily satisfied. P- and I have a Tuesday date night at our local microbrewery and on the weekends we like to venture out downtown to try fancy brews like hibiscus or ginger beer (ummm…really it’s more me than P- that tries the fancy beers).

Raspberry Beermosa // Warm Vanilla Sugar

When we don’t feel like venturing out, it’s easy to get quality beer pretty much anywhere in this city, but we do enjoy making a solid beer cocktail at home. This raspberry beermosa is definitely one of our favorites.

Raspberry Beermosa // Warm Vanilla Sugar

It’s simple, really. Muddled raspberries + white IPA + orange juice. Such a fabulous drink for a hot day.

Raspberry Beermosa // Warm Vanilla Sugar

Hope you guys like it! Have a great weekend ๐Ÿ™‚

Raspberry Beermosa // Warm Vanilla Sugar

Raspberry Beermosa

Yield: 1 drink

• 1 bottle white IPA (a good wheat beer would work too)
  • 3/4 cup orange juice
  • 1/4 cup muddled raspberries

1. Muddle raspberries at the bottom of a tall beer glass.
  2. Pour beer over raspberries.
  3. Top with orange juice.

Recipe adapted from A Better Happier St. Sebastian

This post is inspired by the #redBar: summertime cocktailย project forย Red Envelope. Theyโ€™re sharing some fun summertime drinks as the weather gets nicer. Check out @redenvelope and #redBar on twitter for other great summertime cocktail ideas!

28 Responses to Raspberry Beermosa {My Favorite Summertime Cocktail}

1. This looks so refreshing! ๐Ÿ˜€ Thanks for a great tip!
    And ginger beer as well….mmm how I love it ๐Ÿ˜€
    I hope you have a great Thursday m’dear ๐Ÿ™‚ x

2. This is so creative! I can’t wait to start churning out a few when it gets warmer. Pinned!

3. Carrie says:

BRILLIANT. I love these, I want several at my Mother’s Day Brunch.

4. Why have I never had a beermosa before?! Must have one!

5. i love me a good beer…adding raspberries and OJ sounds awesome.

6. Favorite post of the day, Katrina! Looks really, really good ๐Ÿ™‚

Beermosa?? The thought would have never crossed my mind! Until now … love this with the fresh raspberries and orange juice!

8. These beer drinks are taking me awhile to come around with. I don’t know why though, I am a beer girl. I think I need to give this idea a try, I would probably actually love it. Thanks for posting! = )

9. Eileen says:

Iiiinteresting! I too have been craving beer–mostly because we’re currently swinging between ordinary and OMG HOT days right now, I think. This sounds like a great way to mix it up! Wheat beer and fruit is such a great pair. Although I can’t say there’s any Keith’s to be found here in sunny CA… ๐Ÿ™‚

10. I’m not a beer person but this sounds so refreshing! I think I’ll give this a try…I love the name!

11. That’s such a great idea!!

12. Meredith says:

What a fun cocktail!

13. Sues says:

LOVE this!! The only thing better than a nice cold beer is a beermosa ๐Ÿ™‚

14. It’s gotten so HOT in this part of the world, this is JUST THE DRINK that will make everything better! <3 Before I even tell you how amazing this flavor combination is, I was blown away with how PRETTY it looks!!!!!! Making these!!!!!!! *-* <3

15. Oh, I am ALLLLL up on this after this baby comes.

16. Ooh, yum! I’m all for beer as the summertime drink ๐Ÿ˜› This looks great!

17. Montreal has such great beer!! I love all the microbreweries in Quebec! When I lived in Ottawa I would often go to Les Brasseurs du Temps across the border and loved all their “specialty” beers! I’m living in Leuven, Belgium now so am basically surrounded by beer (and chocolate … but that’s another story haha) wherever I go! I need to try this beer recipe – it looks very refreshing and deee-lish! Pinned ๐Ÿ˜€

18. I love beer and I love raspberries; great idea!

19. I’m not much of a beer girl, but I think this would make me enjoy the taste quite a bit more! Brilliant!

20. I am not much of a beer drinker. But I do like one occasionally in the summer, when I am really thirsty. However, I am a big raspberry lover. Frankly I would have never in thousand years thought to do something like this to beer. If nothing else it would be fun to do just to see the expression on my grown sons’ faces, who would think their Mom had gone over the edge.

I’ve definitely been in more of a beer than a cocktail mood lately. And i love this fruity touch! It’s like a Blue Moon but better.

22. Such a fun take on mimosas, great idea!

23. This looks awesome. I live in California where it’s still summer even though it’s October so I’m definitely going to be trying these out soon! I never would’ve thought to make a beermosa … thanks for the inspiration!

thanks for your comment! I’m living in Sicily right now and it’s still summer here too. Your comment reminded me that a beermosa is EXACTLY what I need to beat the heat!