The new job starts on Monday, so with this week off I’ve been finding that I really have no idea what day/date it is. It’s May apparently. Definitely something to celebrate after that unbelievably long winter.
With these boxes to unpack and go through I’m getting nostalgic. P- and I live in a tiny Montreal apartment, so we’re focusing our efforts to de-clutter. This means going through and getting rid of a few things that I have a strange, unreasonable connection with. Like the printer paper painting my 3-year old sister made and our old Christmas decorations. Silly things that we definitely don’t need and just live in boxes until the next move, but I’m sure anyone reading this can relate. Getting rid of “things” that we’ve had for years is hard.
I have pretty much jumped into the kitchen with both feet. I’m moving in, but P- has been living here for a year already (with my kitchen supplies) so everything is pretty much set up. We made this dip recently – one of my favorites, and it was truly perfect.
Life is just better with dip. It is absolutely the life of my party. Unpacking or not! You know? You’re sitting, chatting with friends, someone brings out dip….total silence…AND THERE ARE HOMEMADE PITA’S?! Let’s just swoon together already.
I love this dip, and I hope you do too!! xx
Happy weekend everyone!
- 10 oz. frozen spinach, thawed
- 2-3 jarred (or canned) artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1/2 cup parmesan. grated
- 1/2 cup mozzarella, grated
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of mayo
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of sour cream
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- Dippers for serving (I used baked pita chips)
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Add all of your ingredients (except the baguettes, of course) to a large bowl and stir until combined. Place the mixture in a gratin dish or casserole dish, smoothing the surface with a spatula.
- Top with a little freshly grated Parmesan cheese and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until all melty and golden on top. Serve with pita chips.
Recipe adapted from A Cozy Kitchen