Anyone celebrating their Irish roots this weekend??
I am!! I have two parties planned – one Irish themed square dance party with my Grandparents (ohhhhh the things you find out about me on this blog) and one St. Patrick’s Day themed Stag and Doe for one of my fav girlfriends. SO FUN!
St. Patrick’s Day has always been a weird holiday for me. I like celebrating it because I like celebrating EVERYTHING, but I also can’t ever seem to find anything to do. Also, I’m not a big drinker, so I don’t love parties with a focus on getting hammered. Don’t get me wrong, I’m sure both parties I go to will have many drunk people drinking green beer! But they’re the type of parties without expectation…I can just show up, have a beer or two, and be on my merry way.
This post is all about Guinness. If you hate it, or other stouts, you will totally hate this float, but if you love a good stout and feel like kicking it up, a bit I totally recommend this tasty treat.
P- and I made this and curled up on the couch while we watched The Walking Dead. Might as well combine zombies, beer, vanilla ice cream and St. Patrick’s Day! You know? Because we can.
Wishing all of you a lovely weekend! Drink up!! xx
- 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream
- Enough Guinness (or any stout) to fill a big glass
- Chocolate syrup for topping
- Place scoops of ice cream in a glass. Slowly pour the Guinness over the ice cream, allowing a little time for the foam to subside, and then pouring in more to fill the glass.
- Drizzle with chocolate syrup and enjoy immediately.
Recipe adapted from Gimme Some Oven