Anyone celebrating their Irish roots this weekend??

Guinness Floats

I am!! I have two parties planned – one Irish themed square dance party with my Grandparents (ohhhhh the things you find out about me on this blog) and one St. Patrick’s Day themed Stag and Doe for one of my fav girlfriends. SO FUN!

Guinness Floats

St. Patrick’s Day has always been a weird holiday for me. I like celebrating it because I like celebrating EVERYTHING, but I also can’t ever seem to find anything to do. Also, I’m not a big drinker, so I don’t love parties with a focus on getting hammered. Don’t get me wrong, I’m sure both parties I go to will have many drunk people drinking green beer! But they’re the type of parties without expectation…I can just show up, have a beer or two, and be on my merry way.

Guinness Floats

This post is all about Guinness. If you hate it, or other stouts, you will totally hate this float, but if you love a good stout and feel like kicking it up, a bit I totally recommend this tasty treat.

P- and I made this and curled up on the couch while we watched The Walking Dead. Might as well combine zombies, beer, vanilla ice cream and St. Patrick’s Day! You know? Because we can.

Guinness Floats

Wishing all of you a lovely weekend! Drink up!! xx

Guinness Floats

Guinness Floats

Prep Time: 2 minutes

Total Time: 2 minutes

Yield: 1 float

• 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream
  • Enough Guinness (or any stout) to fill a big glass
  • Chocolate syrup for topping

1. Place scoops of ice cream in a glass. Slowly pour the Guinness over the ice cream, allowing a little time for the foam to subside, and then pouring in more to fill the glass.
  2. Drizzle with chocolate syrup and enjoy immediately.

Recipe adapted from Gimme Some Oven

Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by ZipList Recipe Plugin

20 Responses to Guinness Floats

1. Aggie says:

Yum!! I love Guinness! I have never tried it in float form, this looks so good.

2. Trisha says:

I seriously need to get on the st patrick’s day baking. This looks amazing and so many great recipes in the blogosphere. very inspiring x

3. stout is a little too much for me by itself but add some icecream , I am good to go :)

4. I am not usually the biggest fan of Guinness but I think I might just love it in Ice Cream Float form :) Have fun square dancing (sounds like so much fun!). Pinned :D

5. Oh my goodness, YUM!!

6. Meredith says:

Over the top deliciousness!

7. Rootbeer can suck it, boozy floats are the best.

8. Josie says:

I’ve already got a fun St. Patrick’s Day menu planned, but was sorely lacking inspiration for dessert. Found it! Thanks :)

9. Wow, I’ve never tasted anything like this! Thank you for inspiration and awesome photos

10. Haha too funny you had this while watching the walking dead… I could never eat anything when watching that show LOL! I’m not a beer person either but I must say that these photos are making be want to be one! :) Have a great holiday!

okay so I LOVE your St. Paddy’s day plans!! Everyone here is all about the drinking all the time and I’m super not into it.

The.Boy is running a half marathon tomorrow and I’m thinking these would be the perfect finishing prize!

12. Jenny @ BAKE says:

I love pretty much anything in float form so I will have to try this!

13. Looks good! I made Guinness cupcakes but I have some left over so I might just have to make this :)

14. michael says:

Looks delicious :-) I linked to your site from another blog, I am glad I did, you have some good recipes and great pictures!

check out my site sometime!
    Michael :-)

15. This is gorgeous! So simple and refreshing. :)

16. leslie says:

Square dancing huh? I love it!!!!
    I did these on my site last year. They were a big hit! YUM

17. Daniela says:

Oh wow, looks amazing! :)

18. This looks so incredible, I don’t even care I saw it a day after St. Patrick’s Day. Still looks good… still want it…. going to make it haha

19. Kylie says:

Holy YUM!! I NEED TO MAKE THIS! Thank you.