With Valentine’s Day tomorrow and my mind focused on chocolate, and only chocolate, why not make brownies? Brownies = love.

rolo fudge brownies // warm vanilla sugar

Starting tomorrow I have a reading break from school, which is supposed to be time for studying…but for me? I’m looking on Pinterest for wedding bouquets, trying to master some sort of vegan chocolate mousse recipe that I ate at a restaurant recently, and marathoning the new season of Girls. I’ll probably be doing #allthesleeping too…I don’t know where time goes.

rolo fudge brownies // warm vanilla sugar

ALSO, get this!! I found out that one of my besties broke up with her boyfriend on Instagram!!!

I-N-S-T-A-G-R-A-M!

And she’s a real life bestie…like sleepovers since we were 9/bridesmaid in my wedding bestie. The internet confuses me.

rolo fudge brownies // warm vanilla sugar

But let’s talk about the real reason we’re all here, these brownies. Don’t judge me – these needed to be in my life. I wanted something totally simple and totally freaking chocolate filled and like, REALLY outrageous. So I made these since I love fudge and caramel and Rolo’s and brownies and I am a grown ass woman and I can do what I want. SO THERE! And if you are with me sorry for the rant. We get each other.

rolo fudge brownies // warm vanilla sugar

I hope all of you have a fabulous Valentine’s Day tomorrow with whoever you celebrate with (Netflix is definitely an option), and have a nice weekend too! xx

Rolo Fudge Brownies

• Topping:
  • 1/3 cup caramel sauce
  • 1 1/2 cups chopped Rolos
  • 1/2 (7 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 1/2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
  • 1 tsp vanilla

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8×8 inch baking pan with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Microwave chocolate and butter in large bowl for 3-4 minutes or until butter is melted. Whisk until chocolate is melted. Stir in sugar. In a separate bowl, whisk eggs, extract and salt together. Add this into chocolate mixture. Gradually add in flour and stir until just combined.
  2. Spread the batter into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes. Let brownies cool completely.
  3. Pour and evenly spread caramel sauce over brownies, it will be a very thin layer. Spread chopped Rolos over caramel sauce.
  4. In a medium saucepan over low heat melt sweetened condensed milk and chocolate chips
  5. together. Once melted remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Immediately spread over Rolos using an off-set spatula. Let fudge set for at least 2 hours and cut into squares.

-Recipe adapted from Cookies and Cups

-If you are using a boxed brownie mix, make using the package directions, but line the pan with foil and spray with cooking spray. It will make removing and cutting much easier.

-Store airtight for up to 5 days.

28 Responses to Rolo Fudge Brownies

1. Rolos AND that insanely fudgy topping…..in love with these brownies!

2. These look so ridiculously perfect. Happy Valentine’s Day!!

3. I could sink my teeth into these right about now! They look and sound fantastic!

4. Rolo. Fudge. BROWNIES? So dreamy.

5. I’ve been thinking about stuffing a few rolos into brownies for awhile now but these just sealed the deal 🙂 I don’t see myself sharing either even if it is valentines Lol!

6. Medha says:

These rolo fudge brownies look fantastic! I need to try them soon:)

7. Kathryn says:

Hello my perfect brownie!

8. The choco-holic in me NEEDS these right now! Amazing brownies, Katrina.

Finding out about bestie’s breakups through IG is TOTALLY unacceptable!! Just that fact alone would require me to eat a whole tray of these. But, they also look awesome. So I would eat a whole tray of these anyway.

10. These look amazing! And they would make perfect breakup brownies.

11. Julia says:

Brownies absolutely = love!

12. Beautiful! You cannot go wrong with anything that has rolo and sweetened condensed milk in it !

13. Love the thick layer of chocolate on the brownie, just perfect for big chocolate lovers like me!

14. Ohhh man! I want to snag that stack of two and stuff my face! They look so good Katrina!

Whoa that topping! These look so rich and chocolatey and so good! haha I need some chocolate now … is it bad that I want one for breakfast???

16. Nutmeg Nanny says:

Oh my god, these look crazy indulgent! That fudgy top is irresistible 🙂

17. Yes to these brownies, yes to Girls marathon. I am loving this series aren’t you? And yes, internet is weird – I whatsapped my besties to say I was engaged. I figured that was acceptable seeing as I was abroad though.

18. I love Rolo brownies, and the layer of fudge on top is genius. I watched a lot of Netflix this past weekend and now it’s time for my brain to be on work-mode (or school-mode, really) again. Have a great week ahead!

19. Wow – these brownies are to die for! So, so good!

20. It’s quite crazy to believe people hurry to post life events on internet before sharing with friends… Just crazy! But these brownies are so scrumptious!

21. I just want to yell YOLO for these ROLO brownies. Gosh, they look magical.

Oh lady, I can’t believe how good these look! Rolos were my high school favorite. I’d eat one during every algebra class. These will have to happen…and soon!

23. Yum, I’m a sucker for anything chocolate! I’m your newest follower 🙂

24. I made brownies for valentines day too! Proper fudgy chocolate 1 pound of butter 2 pounds of chocolate brownies 🙂 🙂 no regrets! These look like the best possible version of a chocolate dessert I can imagine. I am definitely saving this recipe!

25. I just have to have some of these rolo brownies!

26. Tina @ Tina's Chic Corner says:

Omg, these brownies look ridiculously delicious! I need to have these in my life like asap. 🙂 They definitely look fudgy…is there really any other way to go? 😉