With Valentine’s Day tomorrow and my mind focused on chocolate, and only chocolate, why not make brownies? Brownies = love.
Starting tomorrow I have a reading break from school, which is supposed to be time for studying…but for me? I’m looking on Pinterest for wedding bouquets, trying to master some sort of vegan chocolate mousse recipe that I ate at a restaurant recently, and marathoning the new season of Girls. I’ll probably be doing #allthesleeping too…I don’t know where time goes.
ALSO, get this!! I found out that one of my besties broke up with her boyfriend on Instagram!!!
And she’s a real life bestie…like sleepovers since we were 9/bridesmaid in my wedding bestie. The internet confuses me.
But let’s talk about the real reason we’re all here, these brownies. Don’t judge me – these needed to be in my life. I wanted something totally simple and totally freaking chocolate filled and like, REALLY outrageous. So I made these since I love fudge and caramel and Rolo’s and brownies and I am a grown ass woman and I can do what I want. SO THERE! And if you are with me sorry for the rant. We get each other.
I hope all of you have a fabulous Valentine’s Day tomorrow with whoever you celebrate with (Netflix is definitely an option), and have a nice weekend too! xx
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup caramel sauce
- 1 1/2 cups chopped Rolos
- 1/2 (7 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8×8 inch baking pan with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Microwave chocolate and butter in large bowl for 3-4 minutes or until butter is melted. Whisk until chocolate is melted. Stir in sugar. In a separate bowl, whisk eggs, extract and salt together. Add this into chocolate mixture. Gradually add in flour and stir until just combined.
- Spread the batter into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes. Let brownies cool completely.
- Pour and evenly spread caramel sauce over brownies, it will be a very thin layer. Spread chopped Rolos over caramel sauce.
- In a medium saucepan over low heat melt sweetened condensed milk and chocolate chips
- together. Once melted remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Immediately spread over Rolos using an off-set spatula. Let fudge set for at least 2 hours and cut into squares.
-Recipe adapted from Cookies and Cups
-If you are using a boxed brownie mix, make using the package directions, but line the pan with foil and spray with cooking spray. It will make removing and cutting much easier.
-Store airtight for up to 5 days.