This year for Christmas I decided to give most of my friends and family baked treats over gifts. Small, cute, little tins from my kitchen that say “HEY! I love you”.
’cause little holiday treats are some of my favorite things in the whole world, and I simply have to share!
This recipe comes straight from Audra – The Baker Chick. I’ve actually had it bookmarked for a while and decided to make it this past weekend since I had the ingredients on hand.
Thank freaking goodness I did! It’s 100% the best toffee I’ve had. No wonder she calls it “famous”. I’m actually considering making more since it might not last until next week!!
Everything is pretty much packed up and waiting to be consumed in the freezer right about now. It’s KILLING ME to not open the lid and take some little sweet things for myself!!
How’s your holiday baking going??
- 1 pound salted butter
- 2 cups dark brown sugar
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup ground blanched almonds
- Add parchment paper over a baking sheet for later.
- In large saucepan combine butter and brown sugar, mix with a wooden spoon until mixture is fully melted together. Stir occasionally (not too much) and watch carefully until it gets to 275 F on a candy thermometer. Let it stay there for about a minute, then pour into the lined cookie sheet. Shake it and spread it around until it's even.
- After it has cooled slightly blot with a paper towel to pick up any excess oil. Meanwhile, melt the chocolate in the microwave (about 2 minutes, stirring in between). Spread chocolate over the hardened sugar using a spatula. Sprinkle with ground almonds and let the chocolate harden either in the fridge or on the counter.
- Break into pieces. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from The Baker Chick