’tis the season.
For a lot of things…
Like leftover pie for breakfast, cozy blankets, rosy cheeks, and boozy eggnog at 7:30am. You know? The good stuff.
On Saturday exams begin so I’ll be hunkering down over the next week studying my brains out, and eating way too many cookies .
Hope all of you have a fabulous weekend!! xo
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 5 egg yolks
- 1 1/2 cup half and half cream (10%)
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup good quality bourbon or whiskey (see notes for virgin version)
- 2 tbsp pure rum extract (or spiced rum)
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg plus more for garnish
- Whisk yolks with sugar until creamy and sugar begins to dissolve. Add cream, milk, bourbon and rum extract and stir to combine. Stir in salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla. Taste test - add more cream if it's too boozy, add more booze if it's not boozy enough, etc.
- Chill well in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Serve chilled on the rocks with a sprinkle of nutmeg if desired.
-Recipe adapted from Simple Bites
-To make this virgin just omit the alcohol and add an extra 1/2 cup of whole milk, and 1/2 cup of cream.