Got scapes?

White Bean and Garlic Scape Dip

I do! And besides pesto that I’ve been putting on everything, I came up with this dip. Well, not really, Brown Eyed Baker did, and I had the ingredients to make it. It was great!!

White Bean and Garlic Scape Dip

Plus, this is better for you than spooning Nutella into your mouth from the jar, or eating an entire pie in two days. WHYCAN’TISTOP?!

I’m going to keep this post short. I have a GIANT end of summer report to write for work, need to prepare for a 4 day long camping adventure, and am getting stuff ready for my sister’s arrival on Wednesday. What the heck do you do with an 18 year old when neither of you have any money?!…this is going to be interesting!

White Bean and Garlic Scape Dip

ANYWAY, this dip is good alongside some pita chips, fresh vegetables, tortilla chips or crackers! Enjoy, everyone!!

White Bean and Garlic Scape Dip

White Bean Garlic Scape Hummus

Serving Size: 6-8

• 1/3 cup chopped garlic scapes
  • 1 tbsp lemon juice
  • ½ tsp sea salt
  • ¼ tsp ground black pepper
  • 1 can (15-oz) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
  • ¼ cup olive oil

1. In the bowl of a food processor, process the garlic scapes, lemon juice, sea salt and black pepper until finely chopped, scraping the sides as needed. Add the beans and process until it's pureed.
  2. With the machine running, slowly pour in the olive oil and process until smooth. Check the consistency (if it is still thick, you can add a few tablespoons of olive oil to thin it out a bit). Taste, and add more salt and pepper, if desired.
  3. Serve with your favorite fresh vegetables or pita chips!

Recipe adapted from Brown Eyed Baker

31 Responses to White Bean Garlic Scape Dip

I need to remember this for when scapes come back into season! I love white bean based dips.

2. Sues says:

Yum, what a great idea! And totally healthier than eating Nutella by the spoonful… Not that I would know 🙂

3. Kathryn says:

Love the flavours in this!

4. When my sister (17) comes to visit, we like to play “What! You haven’t seen that movie?!” and I make her sit down and watch every movie I feel like a 17 year old should’ve seen at this point in her life. She hadn’t seen the lion king (!!!!!).

This dip sounds delicious! I love snacks like this. Have fun on the camping trip and with your sister!

6. Garlic scapes are awesome–I’m always thrilled to see them at the farmer’s market in the summer. Definitely want some of this dip! YUM.

7. I’ve never used garlic scapes before, but this dip sounds great! My hubby is big on dips, so I’ll have to give it a try soon 🙂

8. Looks terrific!! Have a great time with your sister, you’ve got some wonderful dip and each others’ company – who needs money? Enjoy!!

9. I need to round up a whole bunch of dippers for this!

10. Oh, this dip sounds amazing! I’m pretty much obsessed with garlic and this dips has lots in it, so I know I’ll love it!

11. McKenna Lou says:

Mmmm! This looks so yummy! I love the pictures you took too! Can anyone say Food Art!! xx. McKenna Lou

12. This dip looks so delicious! I’ve never used scapes before, I can’t wait to try it!

13. Brianne says:

I’m terrified for the day one of my siblings wants to come visit. How on earth will I entertain them?! My oldest younger brother and I have a lot in common, but my next brother and sister are so different from me. One is into art and videogames and the other is into Nascar and country music…yikes! If your sister is outdoorsy, you’re probably all set, I imagine. Or you could cook a lot. Or bake. Check out farmers’ markets and things. I hope you enjoy her visit!

Whoa, your siblings are SO different!! I actually don’t even know what my sister is into…but great suggestions!

14. Yum! I really want to get hold of some scapes, I’ve been keeping my eye out but can’t find them anywhere!

15. This sounds like such a delicious and flavorful dip! Yum!!!

16. Monica says:

Where do I get myself some garlic scapes! Sign me up. Looks terrific!

17. Laura says:

Hmmm never had a dip like this! Definitely have to try!

18. Oh, this is an interesting way to use scapes. The dip sure look creamy and light.

19. Aggie says:

I would be very happy dipping into this all day long! Looks delicious!

20. katie says:

Oh my this sounds great… I have to admit I’ve never cooked with scapes… must try asap.

21. We didn’t grow a garden this year, and now you’re making me miss it! I love fresh garlic scapes!

22. sippitysup says:

I just got back from 4 days camping. I hope you have as much fun as I did. GREG

23. Oh I love this! In fact I do have garlic scapes in my garden!! 😀 I could easily make a meal from this dip.

24. Amy @ swiss miss in the kitchen says:

omg, this dip looks heavenly!!! What an amazing idea!! love it 🙂
    xox Amy

25. Heather says:

WOW this looks amazing, I never thought to add scapes to a dip and I just so happen to have a bundle of scapes in my crisper being totally ignored- now I know what to do with them! Have an amazing time with your Sis 🙂

26. I tried garlic scapes for the first time a couple of weeks ago. They came in a delivery of produce that I get and I had no clue what to do with them. Sadly, most went bad. Thanks for the recipe idea!

27. Nutmeg Nanny says:

Yum 🙂 this recipe is amazing! I am such a garlic lover, this will go quickly in my house