Guys, I’m totally wearing jeans right now. I’m not sweating, I don’t need to take a cold shower, AND I could definitely turn on my oven. Summer weather win!

Quinoa Granola // Warm Vanilla Sugar

Enter: granola. A food that requires very little time in the oven (on a day like today), but is great for hot days when cooking doesn’t seem possible (every day last week).

Quinoa Granola // Warm Vanilla Sugar

P- and I lived on this stuff for a solid 5 days…and only 5 days because it didn’t last any longer! The quinoa in this recipe adds extra crunch and nutrients and sits amongst dried apricots, dried cranberries, slivered almonds, and grated coconut. I not only love the colour, but this is the best granola we’ve had all year!

Quinoa Granola // Warm Vanilla Sugar

My favorite way to eat this is served on top of vanilla Greek yogurt, but it would also be nice on another flavour or variety of yogurt, with almond milk, or even thrown into a batch of cookies!

Quinoa Granola // Warm Vanilla Sugar

I found this granola on Ali’s blog Gimme Some Oven. I make a lot of her recipes actually, but thought I’d share this one with you guys since it was so good!

The full recipe can be found here. The only difference in mine is that I used less coconut than she suggested, but otherwise it’s exactly the same!

Quinoa Granola // Warm Vanilla Sugar

Have a great weekend everyone!

25 Responses to Quinoa Granola

1. This granola looks amazing! I can’t wait to check it out! Thanks for posting about it!

2. Looks and sounds amazing and delicious. I need to try my hand at granola one of these days., wishing I could have some of this right now for breakfast!

3. Oh my gosh! I bet the quinoa gives this granola ah-mazing texture!

4. Brianne says:

Gah, the guy has been begging me to make granola for weeks! It’s the best summer breakfast. I love that this version has sesame seeds. I’ve never used those in granola before, but I bet they’re great!

5. Jaclyn says:

I love granola…especially with greek yogurt. This one sounds super yummy.

6. I feel so accomplished when I make homemade granola. Also, this is like the only way I actually ENJOY quiona!

7. This looks SO good. I saw it on Gimme Some Oven as well, and I did pin it. Yours is really making me want to make some!

8. Alex says:

Beautiful shots! Love quinoa granola šŸ™‚

9. thanks for sharing! I love granola and I’ve never actually made it at home! you’re inspiring me to change that (maybe. if the weather stays cool!)

10. Andj says:

Quinoa granola-what an awesome idea!

I need to try making granola with quinoa! Looks delicious! The weather here is so much cooler today too – I love it!

12. Shae says:

I feel like the only time I want to make granola is when it is so hot outside. I made chicken tikka masala in the crockpot today because it dipped below 80! I kind of love it.

13. Oh yum, this granola looks like the CLASSIC, sweet, nutty, fruity granola, but starring a new-style grain; quinoa. I’m so down with that.

14. Laura says:

Love the addition of quinoa to granola! Genius

15. Krissy Pidd says:

I love this granola recipe!
    I have been obsessed all week with creating the perfect granola recipe, using quinoa completely skipped my mind.
    I really enjoy running as well, do you find that the perfect bowl of granola is enough to keep you going? I run first thing in the morning – it definitely motivates me šŸ˜›

16. This looks great! I love snacking on granola throughout the day so this would be perfect. šŸ™‚

17. Looks so good, have to pin this. Thanks for the recipe.

18. Homemade granola is the best! Love the flavor combinations in this one, especially the quinoa šŸ™‚

19. sippitysup says:

Good granola is such a perfect way to start the day. Of course bad granola is pretty good too. I guess I just like granola. GREG

20. We love quinoa granola. This looks so delicious with multiple flavors and textures šŸ™‚

21. Great looking granola! I love all the textures & colors. So pretty!

22. Rayna says:

I love a great granola recipe!

23. […] by cooking, baking, running and general randomness. My favorite recipe that I made was my Quinoa Granola. It may sound plain jane, but this is hands down the best granola I’ve ever had. Give it a […]

24. This looks so yummy. I’ve got a bag of quinoa sitting in my cupboard. Now it has a purpose!!