I have three final exams this week, so cooking is totally NOT happening. But salads are!

DSC_0498

Lucky for me, salads are quick and easy, and totally put a pep in my step while I prepare to SMASH these exams or have them smash me. The list below are some salads I’ve made recently and LOVED!! I hope you do too!

Try:
My Kale Salad with Apricots, Avocado, and Almonds (pictured above)
Roasted Beet and Carrot Salad by Naturally Ella
Super Spinach Salad by Shutterbean
Black Bean and Cornbread Panzanella Salad by How Sweet It Is
Roasted Vegetable Avocado and Kale Salad by A Thought For Food

Do you have a favorite salad?? If so, share!! xoxo

23 Responses to Sassy Salads I’m Digging

1. Marcie@flavorthemoments says:

I love salads! All the ones you mentioned sound terrific! Some of my faves are my roasted shrimp Louie salad, spinach salad with warm bacon vinaigrette, cranberry pear salad, and a Greek panzanella that I have yet to post!

2. Ahu says:

“sassy salads” made me chuckle! Good luck with exams! My favorite salad is super simple:
    - cherry or grape tomatoes
    - a whole avocado sliced
    - small head of butter lettuce OR a whole English cucumber
    - lemon/vinegar dressing

3. Eileen says:

Yay salads! So convenient and so delicious. :) Good luck with your finals!

4. These look great! I just posted a salad on my blog, which is delicious with or without chicken–it has avocado and papaya in a lime vinaigrette. LOVE salads with avocado and fruit : ). Good luck on your exams!

5. These all sound delicious, thanks for the ideas! My favourite salad is pretty much anything with avocado in!

6. Erin says:

Good luck on exams! :)

7. I have this odd obsession with romaine lettuce. I could just eat plain lettuce like a bunny all day long. Making salad? I’m a little less good at that :) Your suggestions all sound delicious! Good luck on exams– the one part of college I DEFINITELY don’t miss!

8. These all sound SO amazing, Katrina! The more avocado the better!

9. sippitysup says:

I love the word sassy. And moxie. And swank. Oh and savvy! These salads are all those! GREG

10. I am no digging these salads too! YUM.

Good luck girl!! And what a good reminder to make that panzanella…sounds so good right now!

12. Sues says:

Calling it sassy makes any salad better! Kale and avocado rocks. I just did a Kale Caesar salad and am convinced everything is better with kale!

13. I’ve been enjoying salads lately too, and having fun creating some of my own. One of my favorites is a Composed Salad of Smoked Salmon, Cucumber, Mâche, Egg, and Asparagus, which I developed for the Norwegian American Weekly. It’s super simple, and because of the protein in the salmon and the egg it’s a meal in and of itself!

14. I do so love me some sassy salads!!! Such a fun post!

15. Todd Wagner says:

I’m really enjoying kale salads recently and always looking for nice ways to mix it up. Your recipe with avocado, almonds, and apricots is right up my alley. I think I have all the ingredients to try it tonight! I’ll also have to try your recipe for sauteed kale with tahini sauce, it looks delicious. Thanks for sharing!