Monday was sooooo exciting!

Spinach Dip

My new blog design launched, and even though I had midterms on Monday AND Tuesday there was no stopping me from checking the new site every 5 minutes. I am the worst with computers ever, and had every kind of trouble getting this site ready from signing in (not kidding) to allowing comments to making photos smaller. And that’s why hiring a professional was something that definitely needed to be done.

DSC_0439

So with all the crazy business of this week I made something easy and quick. One of my favorite dips that my good friend Lindsay brings to every party (for real…she really does) that I thought you’d appreciate it too! You simply throw sour cream, Miracle Whip, and Knorr soup mix into a medium bowl.

Spinach Dip

Add your chopped, thawed, spinach and water chestnuts.

DSC_0429

And mix it like a wild child!! It’s best when you let it hang out in the fridge for a bit (like 30 minutes) so your ingredients can get to know each other. You know? Hold hands. It’s Valentine’s Day after all.

Spinach Dip

When you’re ready, hollow out a circular loaf of pumpernickel bread (I need to learn how to make this stuff on my own) and dump the dip in it. Cut up the “lid” of the loaf and your second loaf of bread and use it for dipping. This stuff is the bomb!!

DSC_0433

Enjoy your Valentine’s Day!! Love you all. xoxo

Spinach Dip with Pumpernickel Bread

Serving Size: Makes enough to fill one round pumpernickel loaf

• 1 pkg Knorr vegetable soup mix
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 1 cup mayonaise (I used Miracle Whip for extra flavour)
  • 1 pkg frozen spinach, thawed, drained, and chopped
  • 1 small can (227 mL) water chestnuts, drained and chopped
  • 2 loaves of pumpernickel bread

1. Thaw spinach fully and drain well (I squeeze the water out with my hands, and then press the spinach between two sheets of paper towel). Chop spinach.
  2. Chop water chestnuts.
  3. Add sour cream, Miracle Whip, Knorr soup mix, chopped water chestnuts and chopped spinach to a medium bowl. Mix well. Let sit in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to let those ingredients get to know each other.
  4. Hollow out one of the pumpernickel loaves with a knife. Add the spinach dip to the hollowed center. Cut the bread you remove into 2 inch chunks for dipping. Cut up the other loaf for dipping.

Recipe taken from my childhood friend Lindsay

Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by ZipList Recipe Plugin

18 Responses to Spinach Dip with Pumpernickel Bread

1. Sandy @ RE says:

One of my all-time favorite dips! Thanks for sharing!

2. Nanny says:

What better is there than spinach dip. REALLY!!!!

3. ahu says:

love the redesigned site – looks amazing! almost as good as that spinach dip, yum!

4. AGH I LOVE DIP!! heehee. Easy dip is sort of dangerous though ;) Especially when I’m up all night writing papers….and the bag of chips is just begging me to inhale them..with this dip.

5. Pumpernickel is like, the bomb. Totally drooling over it being paired with spinach dip!

6. My step mom used to make a dip just like this. I was so obsessed but for some reason have never asked for the recipe. I’ll have to get it and compare

7. JulieD says:

Adorable! I love this…pumpernickel bread is total comfort to me!

8. I love the new site! and this spinach dip sounds amazing!

9. Amy Tong says:

Your SPINACH DIP WITH PUMPERNICKEL BREAD is simple gorgeous. So perfect to share with companies. (or not sharing at all! hahaha) I can imagine myself finishing up the whole bowl at the end. :P Have a wonderful weekend.

10. This looks wonderful – yum! Found your blog @ Just A Taste, and I’m so glad I did! The new blog design looks great too – so congrats on the new design!

Your site looks beautiful and this dip looks just too delicious for words! Thank you for sharing another delectable creation. I hope you are having a restful Sunday afternoon, and I hope you have an even better week. Hugs and love!

12. Tracey says:

I don’t think I’ve ever thought to serve dip in a bread bowl like that – great idea! I love the simplicity of the dip too, it sounds awesome!

13. I’ve had this kind of dish a few times at gatherings but probably a slightly less healthy version! This way of serving the dip is so creative and eliminates the need for crackers :)

Great recipe, thanks!

That will be me when I finally make the switch lol. A psycho stressed out lunatic! But with this dip to dive into every five minutes…I think it shall be okay. Sounds so tasty!

15. Natalie says:

This looks like such a good spinach dip recipe, one of my fave dips out there.

16. This is my favourite type of dip! Thanks for the recipe!