To me, winter sports are really what makes the season. I love snowshoeing, skiing, skating, and tobogganing, but for some reason I haven’t gotten to do a lot of those things this year. In fact, I’ve only gone snowshoeing.

DSC_0478

If I could pick a favorite it would definitely be cross country skiing. I like it not only for the great back country scenery, but also because it really gets me into a serious sweat that’s great for the whole “good health” thing, but also good for marathon training. So I think I’ll set some time aside, get my skis out and hit the trails. It’s the little things like this that can make winter feel special, and not just a freezing cold time of year.

DSC_0481

After coming home from a good ski, there’s nothing like a quick snack and a hot cup of tea. This appetizer recipe fits my needs perfectly. The brie becomes nice and melt-y under the roasted grapes for a truly sensational flavour. I hope you enjoy!

To make this, pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees. Wash grapes, and place them on a roasting pan with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper.

DSC_0467

Roast grapes for about 35-45 minutes until soft and dark.

DSC_0475

While grapes are roasting, cut up your baguette and top it with Brie.

DSC_0472

Serve the roasted grapes alongside the brie cheese and fresh baguette. Enjoy!

DSC_0476

Roasted Balsamic Grapes with Brie

Yield: Serves 4-6 as an appetizer

A Warm Vanilla Sugar Original

• 2 cups red grapes
  • 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • Pinch of sea salt and pepper, to taste
  • 1 small triangle of Brie cheese
  • 1 medium sized whole wheat baguette (or white if you prefer)

1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
  2. Wash grapes, and place them on a roasting pan with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, sea salt and pepper. Roast grapes for about 35-45 minutes until soft and dark.
  3. White grapes are roasting, cut your baguette into slices and top with a thick slice of Brie cheese.
  4. Serve roasted grapes alongside the Brie and fresh baguette.

16 Responses to Roasted Balsamic Grapes with Brie

1. Love this!!! Brie, bread, balsamic. Yum.

2. Becky says:

I actually put roasted grapes on my pizza’s too! Pairs well with Italian sausage!

3. Stephanie says:

I love these grapes … I am really looking forward to trying this!

4. Tracey says:

This sounds like such a delicious appetizer! I’ve never tried to roast grapes, but I’m almost positive I’d love it, especially with the balsamic vinegar which I adore 🙂

5. Nerd With Taste says:

I neeeed to try these grapes!!!!!! nerdwithtaste.wordpress.com

6. I just got back from a lovely cross country ski!!! This recipe sounds delicious. Perfect timing. Those roasted balsamic grapes look to die for!

7. Aggie says:

I really think I would like snow shoeing & cross country skiing. I’m not big on heights & speed, so skiing freaks me out, but if I’m going horizontal I’m all for it.
    For the record, I know nothing about winter sports unfortunately.

These grapes totally grabbed my attention! What a delicious combination!

8. Sheila says:

Oh my these looking addicting!

I wish I could get into skiing because I know it would be so good for me, cross-training wise, but I never learned and I’m a baby about it…so yeah, not gonna happen. But this does sound like the perfect come-in-from-the-cold snack! Roasted grapes = swoon.

10. Roasted grapes are the bomb! I’ve also done this with ricotta as well and it’s delicious!

11. Kelly Senyei (Just a Taste) says:

Oh heck yes! Need these now! I love anything with Brie, and the addition of fruit just makes these that much more addicting.

12. I went cross country skiing a few times years ago, and spent most of the time on the ground! I just discovered roasted grapes and can´t get enough of them. With brie they look fantastic, just like your new blog look!

13. abby @ teawiththemoon says:

I have had a version of this recipe, but I really like your particular ingredients. These look delicious <3 I may not go skiing, but I would eat these with a cup of tea 😀