I hope you like Christmas baking, because this year it’s all I can afford! You’d think I was kidding, but I’m totally not.

You need to know two things about me.
1. I’m a student and barely make any money.
2. I put all the saved money that I have into running clothes, props for the blog, baking ingredients, high quality food and coffee (the only important things, really).

If you have a blog and have put up a gift guide, don’t fret! It’s not lost on me. I’ll pin and and wish I had the money to buy it and maaaaaaybe get it when it’s 5 years out of style. It’s my thing.

So here we are. Poor, and with a heck of a lot of baking to do. I can guarantee this stuff is top notch. If it’s a recipe of mine, then it’s one I make every single December. If it’s a link to another blog, then it’s something new that I’m JUMPING with excitement to try.

Have the happiest of holidays! What are you baking this year?

Candy:

Nanaimo Bars
Shortbread by The Cookbook Chronicles
Baklava by How Sweet It Is
Toffee Squares by The Pioneer Woman

18 Responses to Christmas Baking Time – 2012 Edition

1. Stephanie says:

For Christmas day I will be making a gluten free fruit and nut cake and maybe a chocolate cake for Boxing Day. I was also going to make some praline as edible gifts. This is the plan so far. It changes often. It’s so hard to decide!
    Happy Holidays!!

2. livliveslife says:

All of those treats sound great! I totally know what you mean…every since I became a student, food is the number one gift I give. At least people don’t seem to mind… :-)

3. aburgwin says:

Ahhh I have been pintresting all morning trying to find xmas recipes and have found NADA! So glad I just found your blog!
    XOXOXO
    Andrea

4. Nanny says:

Sure hope Santa Katrina stops by our home as everything looks so good that I can almost smell them.:) Nan

5. I prefer edible gifts. Tasty and made with love. Happy holidays!

6. Bring. It. ON!!! You are going to be one popular lady in your neighnorhood :)

7. Jenny @ BAKE says:

This is such a great list! I can’t wait to try these recipes! I love your list of ‘important things’ mine is very similar! I’m thinking about adding underwear (it’s a basic human right!) to it next year as I’m hoping my gym wardrobe is nearly fully stocked!

I’m probably only giving away baked goods this year also…no time to shop or money on this end either! I’m much rather spend it on registration fees for more races…is that selfish? :P

9. ecavalla says:

baked goods are the best gifts!!!

10. I am seriously drooling over here! Big blog crush going on haha

11. [...] I mentioned before, the only Christmas gifts I’m giving this year are delicious baked goods. Not a bad thing, certainly, and definitely something I would be happy to receive, but a big reason [...]

12. [...] officially finished all of my Christmas baking yesterday, and tried quite a few new recipes from various bloggers. Needless to say, my pants [...]