I never considered myself to be much of a cat person. I had a few growing up, but certainly didn’t consider having one when I was on my own. I liked them…but they seemed to be more of an expense than anything else.

Two years ago, my boyfriend and I decided that we should go to the local humaine society and look at the animals, and ended up coming home with Molly.

Am I a cat person now? YES! She’s fluffy and cute and her sole purpose of the day is to cuddle me all day long. It’s kind of the best.

But recently Molly has had a change of scenery. I moved into a house in Ottawa (with super cheap rent) and one of the conditions is that I take of the woman’s two cats. So I jumped from one kitty to three and am now an official crazy cat lady.

When you are a crazy cat lady you need to remember three things:
1. Keep up your social life with humans. You might forget that speaking baby talk to everyone is not normal.
2. There will be poop on the floor. Deal with it.
3. Don’t leave ANY cream or milk based dips on the counter. There will be PAWS!

This dip is one that I HIGHLY recommend (and so does Molly). It’s not your typical 7 layer dip, and includes homemade tzatziki, hummus, jalepeno feta dip, olives, artichokes, tomatoes, and cucumber. It’s a greek party pretty much and will make you scream for joy!…well I did.

To make this, begin by prepping the ingredients for the creamy feta and set aside. In a bowl, combine yogurt, dill, garlic, 3 tablespoons of cucumber, olive oil and a sprinkle of salt and pepper and mix.

Grab a large bowl or plate and begin layering ingredients with the yogurt tzatziki first.

Then the chopped olives..

The hummus…

The chopped artichoke hearts..

And then add the crazy feta, and the tomatoes and cucumber. You can layer it however you’d like and use other ingredients to make it your own. Serve with pita chips and enjoy!

Seven Layer Greek Dip
Recipe taken from How Sweet It Is
Makes one giant bowlful and serves over 10 people

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups hummus of your choice
1 15-ounce can of kalamata olives, drained and chopped
1 15-ounce can of artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
1 large tomato, chopped
1/2 large cucumber, peeled and chopped
1 batch of creamy feta (or 4 ounces of plain feta, crumbled)
1 1/3 cups greek yogurt
3 tablespoons fresh dill
1 teaspoon olive oil
3 tablespoons chopped cucumber
1 garlic clove, minced
salt and pepper

Directions:
Begin by prepping the ingredients for the creamy feta, if needed and set aside.

In a bowl, combine yogurt, dill, garlic, 3 tablespoons of cucumber, olive oil and a sprinkle of salt and pepper and mix. Grab a large bowl or plate and begin layering ingredients: the yogurt tzatziki, the chopped olives, the hummus, the chopped artichoke hearts, the crazy feta, and the tomatoes and cucumber. You can layer it however you’d like and use other ingredients to make it your own.

Serve with pita chips or whatever you would like!

21 Responses to Seven Layer Greek Dip

1. Ahu says:

Looks beautiful! Love the twist on the traditional 7-layer dip.

2. Amber says:

I have been lucky enough to personally sample this dip made by Miss Warm Vanilla Sugar herself, and I can’t begin to describe how tasty it is! Thanks for sharing the recipe!!!
    MMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmMMMMmm!!!

3. Helen says:

I too tasted Miss Warm Vanilla Sugar ‘s seven layered dip and it’s beyond awesome. Watch out !!!! the dip will be half gone before you decide that’s enough for now.:)

Smile. I can sooo relate. We didn’t think we were cat people, until we got Cricket. Now I’m all about the cats! This dip looks amazing, my friend. Thank you for sharing!

5. Villy says:

A pita chip? More like a spoon! To make sure I will not miss any layer! :) It looks fantastic!
    (Try adding some vinegar in the tzatziki, it makes a difference!)

6. Jenny @ BAKE says:

what an incredible dip! I love all the layers!

7. Ashley Bee says:

Keeping this in mind for the next family gathering–my mom and I are FIENDS when it comes to greek olives! Also–I love your cat story :) It definitely takes just one awesome cat to make someone into a cat person!

8. This looks so good! Such a great side to take to a party!

9. luvvleighb says:

This looks like a great mix of ingredients! I love myself a good hummus dip!

I may not be much of a cat person…but I’m definitely a dip person! I love this greek version! Totally cooler than any other I’ve seen. :P

11. Yum! Love all of the flavors in this!

12. What a purdy kitty! She’s so festive, perfect for Halloween! I’m loving your dip + the Kalamata olives to give it such nice meatiness/saltiness!!

13. Aww your kitty is so cute. :-) This dip sounds delicious too!

14. kellybakes says:

ahh, yes. funny how cats paw their way into our hearts and make us change our ways, isn’t it? my cat is named mascarpone and he’s the biggest dairy fan i’ve ever met. in fact, the more expensive the cheese, the quicker he’ll come running from the other end of my apartment when i tear off the plastic. [i often joke that i should have named him kraft singles so his taste in cheese would be cheaper!]

this dip seems like a much healthier alternative to most seven layer dips and gosh knows i love any excuse to eat greek yogurt. definitely bookmarking this for the next night i want to stay in, cuddle with my bratty orange cheese-loving cat and watch bad tv on netflix!

15. [...] Bean Skillet Nachos Artichoke Feta Garlic Bread Summer Veggie Rolls With Spicy Peanut Lime Sauce Seven Layer Greek Dip Roasted Corn Guacamole Swiss Cheese Spinach and Mushroom Quiche with Crispy Potato Crust Eggplant [...]

16. […] Sauce with Chickpea SaladABC Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette (the “C” stands for chickpea!)Seven Layer Greek Dip from Warm Vanilla […]

17. […] with Chickpea Salad ABC Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette (the “C” stands for chickpea!) Seven Layer Greek Dip from Warm Vanilla […]