When there is chocolate in my smoothie I know I’m having a great day. You could tell me that I smell bad or that my shoes look like 1990’s high tops, but I won’t care – because hunny, I’ve had a wicked awesome smoothie today for 5 times cheaper than your shotty Starbucks frappuccino (yes, I had to google that spelling).

I’m really enjoying this whole smoothie-week thing. I’m making fun and fabulous smoothies every morning and have been feeling amazing at work! They have totally been carrying me through my day.

This smoothie in particular is filled with chocolate, banana and greek yogurt. Try it out! No disappointments possible! All you have to do is throw all ingredients together in a blender and give them a whirl! Easy, peasy.

OH! And don’t forget to enter my giveaway for a $50 Amazon gift card! Contest ends on Saturday. Good luck!

Banana Chocolate Smoothie
Yield: 2 servings
Recipe taken from Annie’s Eats

Ingredients:
3 frozen bananas, peeled
2 tbsp. chocolate syrup
¾ cup plain greek yogurt
1 tsp. espresso powder (optional)
1 tbsp. flax seed (optional)
½ cup milk, plus more as needed

Directions:
Throw all ingredients together in a blender and give them a whirl! Easy, peasy.

19 Responses to Banana Chocolate Smoothie

It’s true…having chocolate for breakfast is definitely the perfect way to start your day off right!

2. Anna says:

Yum! I will try to make a lactose free version. But such a good taste combo!

3. Jennie says:

I think I need more smoothies in my life. Better yet, I know I need more smoothies in my life. This one in particular. It looks delicious.

4. Villy says:

This sounds like a new addiction to me!

5. I like it. I like chocolate in general, and I have this idea that smoothies are healthy, so it’s like eating a chocolate without regretting it ;)

6. Kathryn says:

This sounds like such a great smoothie, I’m happy whenever I can add chocolate to anything!

7. This is one of my favorite smoothie combinations! Banana, Greek yogurt, chocolate and espresso. Never fails!

8. Yum! This looks delicious! And you’re right… who says you can’t have chocolate for breakfast! I will have to try this soon- thanks for sharing!

9. Christine says:

Oh, the power of chocolate! And Greek yogurt, for that matter….
    Looks fantastic!

10. Lauren says:

This looks crazy good! Love a good smoothie made with greek yogurt and bananas!

11. Mary says:

Gorgeous photo and gorgeous recipe –
    Mary x

12. This smoothie looks so delicious and decadent! What a fabulous recipe! Thanks for sharing, Katrina!

13. Gorgeous photos! Delicious.

14. Sharon says:

This smoothie looks delicious but I couldn’t help noticing what looks like a broken up peanut butter cup on top. Was that an added extra, lol.

Sharon

15. rebeccasubbiah says:

great smoothie and love the straw :-)

16. as much as i love smoothies, I’ve never tried a chocolate one! must change that ASAP, because this looks deeeelicious. for now, though, off to drink the green tropical smoothie i just made! =)

17. Tracey says:

Chocolate for breakfast? Oh yes, that is SO my kind of smoothie! Must try soon :)

18. Jenny @ BAKE says:

This sounds so much better than starbucks! I love the smoothie week idea!