This Easter treat was destined to be in my kitchen.

I freaking LOVE Cadbury Creme Eggs. So, when I saw this idea on My Baking Addiction’s blog a while ago I bookmarked it right away. I mean, Cadbury Creme Egg cupcakes?? Yes, please.

These chocolate cupcakes are stuffed with a gooey mini Cadbury Creme Egg, and topped with the best buttercream my face has ever tasted. Jamie, I love you and your genius ideas.

My Easter plans this year are pretty basic. I’m staying home with the boy and the two of us are going to have an Easter dinner for two – with an Easter egg hunt in the mix as well. We act like we’re 8 sometimes. Perhaps that explains my obsession with sweets? Whatev’s, I’m a sugar addict and proud of it!

To make these cupcakes, first mix up the batter of your favorite chocolate boxed cake mix (enough for 24 cupcakes). I used Betty Crocker’s chocolate fudge.

Scoop batter into paper liner ? of the way full.

Bake according to the recipe you are using. Allow cupcakes to cool completely.

While your cupcakes are cooking, make your buttercream. Again, I used My Baking Addiction’s recipe. Remove about 1 cup of buttercream from the mixing bowl and dye it yellow.

Fill in the center of the circle with the yellow buttercream.

Top with a Mini Cadbury Cream Egg.

Enjoy! And have a happy Easter!

Cadbury Creme Egg Cupcakes
Recipe Taken from My Baking Addiction
Yield: 24 cupcakes

Ingredients:
24 paper cupcake liners
Batter for 24 cupcakes. I used Betty Crocker’s chocolate fudge box mix. You can also use your favorite chocolate cupcake recipe.
48 Mini Cadbury Creme Eggs (24 frozen).
1 batch of buttercream frosting
yellow dye
Large Round piping tip or snip the end off of a piping bag.

Directions:
1. Scoop batter into paper liner ? of the way full. Place one frozen Mini Cadbury Creme Egg into the middle of each cupcake. Use a spatula to spread the batter over the egg.

2. Bake according to the recipe you are using. Allow cupcakes to cool completely.

3. While your cupcakes are cooking, make your buttercream. Again, I used My Baking Addiction’s recipe.

4. Remove about 1 cup of buttercream from the mixing bowl and dye it yellow.

5. Assemble your piping bag fitted with a large tip and pipe a large circle around the perimeter of the cupcake.

6. Fill in the center of the circle with the yellow buttercream and top with a Mini Cadbury Cream Egg.

Note: Freezing the 12 eggs keeps them from completely vanishing inside the baked cake.

29 Responses to Cadbury Creme Egg Cupcakes

1. Villy says:

Happy Easter to you too! They look so yummy!
    P.S: I’m SO addicted to the breakfast smoothie you posted the other day. I have it every day, so convenient and super delicious and filling! :D

2. So glad you like it! I am addicted.

3. Kathryn says:

Best cupcakes ever!! Have a wonderful Easter weekend :)

4. My family would totally love me for these! I really enjoy all of your recipes.
    ALso, I awarded you with the Versatile Blogger Award on my site! Check it out.

5. I LOVE that you’re staying home and having your own easter egg hunt – what an awesome idea! My mum does them for us every year, even though I’m 27 and I still love it :-)

6. Sounds like you have a nice and quiet yet special Easter planned with your man, Katrina! These cupcakes look worthy of a celebration on their own. What a yummy and fabulous recipe!

7. These look spectacular! Love how you presented them.

8. Alison says:

Amaaaaaaaazing!! I want to dive right into my screen and eat all of these.

9. […] with making Cadbury egg cupcakes, which seem to be sweeping the nation on Pinterest (here’s a link to a recipe, in case you’re […]

10. These cupcakes are too cute! Seriously, they almost look too cute to eat. Almost! ;-)

11. very interesting easter idea

12. These cupcakes are too cute! Love the sound of your Easter dinner for two, especially now that I’m hosting dinner for 9, haha. Hope you have a wonderful Easter! (And, Wendi helped me figure out that if I log in with Twitter, it lets me comment on WordPress.com blogs again! Yay!)

I have tried long and hard to convince my parents that an easter egg hunt is still absolutely necessary even though we’re all in our late teens/twenties…to no avail. I’ll continue to work on it. Maybe I’ll bribe them with these cupcakes? Major yum.

14. These look so fun!! Love them!

15. OH WOW! I can’t eat these (sad face) but they look SOOOOOOO amazing.
    x

16. Sweet Mother of Pearl these look divine. My teeth hurt already, but pretty sure it’s worth it! I LOVE Cadbury Eggs!

17. Rachel says:

I’ve tried a similar recipe, but the candies all melted and fell to the bottom while baking. I’m sure these don’t since you’ve posted the recipe. Any tips?

18. Pastrygoblin says:

Yum!! Think these would work using a vanilla batter?

19. Paul cargill says:

Hi I’ll definitely ask my mum to make these cakes I’m eating a Cadbury creme egg right now

20. […] Easter treats: Cadbury Creme Egg Cupcakes Cadbury Mini Egg Blondies Carrot Cake Pancakes with Honey Butter Carrot Cake Bread with Cream […]